• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else want to lose to the Giants?

Dash Global

honestly i'm not sure how panthers fans without the huddle possibly cope with these sorts of losses. having the huddle's finest dry asshats to bounce anger off of is oddly therapeutic. maybe all the poo-ass posters we see signing up by the dumpsterload to start idiotic angry threads about obvious stuff are just starved for the sort of funny-ass commentary we assuage our grief with on a daily basis

They vent on facebook instead. My news feed yesterday was only rivaled in anger by the day after the presidential election.

Yea, sure, I sure do hope my Sunday is as shitty as the past 2 Sundays have been, I REALLY want that.  It worked out so well in 2010 when we wanted to lose games to get rid of a coach, and that season wasn't miserable at all. 

Jesus christ...tumblr_m6vlhn101P1rwtxcto1_500.jpg

Didnt we get Cam from losing in 2010?

Agree 100% with the OP! After it was obvious the last two years he wasn't the man for the job, I wanted the same thing last year. If it would have happened, he would already be gone. Aided by a horrific murder/suicide which gave the Chiefs a reason to play and Star's heart condition, we were fortunate to still be able to get an elite player at a position of need at #14 or ALL last year was for nothing. RR MUST go!!!! It sucks BIGTIME to wait all spring and summer for fall, and to already be talking about the draft, but like the OP, I want Superbowls, nothing less. Elite players, elite coaches can make this happen. IMHO, losing Sunday gives us a "better" chance to do it faster at some point in the future.

You get it sir. 

Didnt we get Cam from losing in 2010?

Yes, but to achieve this, we arguably got a worse coach than we had (thats saying something) and we had to spend a lot more money than other organizations in order to either retain, or get free agents and in doing so, screwed ourselves long term.  2010 was rock bottom in more ways than 1, we are still paying for the abortion that was that season.  On top of all of this, anyone who was a panthers fan then, had to endure such a horrible season.  

Getting Cam was great, but the negative repercussions from that season far outweigh getting Cam though.

Yes, but to achieve this, we arguably got a worse coach than we had (thats saying something) and we had to spend a lot more money than other organizations in order to either retain, or get free agents and in doing so, screwed ourselves long term.  2010 was rock bottom in more ways than 1, we are still paying for the abortion that was that season.  On top of all of this, anyone who was a panthers fan then, had to endure such a horrible season.  

Getting Cam was great, but the negative repercussions from that season far outweigh getting Cam though.

Your crazy. 

We could still have Pickles as a QB with ZERO hope. 

Cam > Any repercussions from 2010

Getting a franchise QB is at the very top of any importance chart in regards to football. 

Yes, but to achieve this, we arguably got a worse coach than we had (thats saying something) and we had to spend a lot more money than other organizations in order to either retain, or get free agents and in doing so, screwed ourselves long term. 2010 was rock bottom in more ways than 1, we are still paying for the abortion that was that season. On top of all of this, anyone who was a panthers fan then, had to endure such a horrible season.

100% disagree. Exhibits A, B, and C, the Titans, Jaguars, and Vikings. All had a "better" 2010 than us, and may even have a better 2013, but I still say are further from winning a Superbowl than us due to the QB situations. We got the truly special talent at the most important position who I still very much believe in, he just needs help from a quality staff and surrounding cast.

Your crazy. 

We could still have Pickles as a QB with ZERO hope. 

Cam > Any repercussions from 2010

Getting a franchise QB is at the very top of any importance chart in regards to football. 

Yes, I clearly wanted us to stick with Pickles.  Sure thing.  Not that there were any other QBs in Cams class, like Dalton, Kaepernick, or lord knows pick a QB in 2012 with an amazingly deep QB class with Luck, Griffen, Cousins, or Tannehill.  I personally prefer Cam to any of them, and he's a great talent, but to say we'd still be having Pickles playing QB is putting words in my mouth.  Sacrificing your organization to get 1 player that you can't surround with even serviceable talent aside from an aging HOF is not what I consider a good idea.

If you choose to lose a game just to have a chance of getting Rivera fired (far from a sure thing given Richardson's history), then you're far more crazy than you accuse me of being.

If you choose to lose a game just to have a chance of getting Rivera fired (far from a sure thing given Richardson's history), then you're far more crazy than you accuse me of being.

It was hypothetical. 

IF a loss GUARANTEED RR fired id take it. 

The broader issue and main point is RR has got to go.

And we should demand as a fan base that Richardson open up the check book and hire the best coaches we can get.

Archived