• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Cam make his WRs better?

Awesomeness!!

How do you throw a pass to  Edwards 10 feet away 6 feet over his head.

That was the worst throw Cam has ever made, imo, and still has me shaking my head. Thats a throw thats made in practice 10 times a day. Makes me wonder if Cam was just mentally beaten at that point.

If the wrs were dropping all the passes, I would agree they are terrible. Even Michael Jordan couldn't catch some of those throws 10 feet over his head. How do you throw a pass to Edwards 10 feet away 6 feet over his head. Last year it was a go ahead touchdown pass in the end zone maybe 20 ft away (a gimme) in the dirt. He has not improved his accuracy. You can only go so far on strength

and mobile ability. You have to keep working on your skills. Smitty is not as big or as strong as other receivers in the league, but he has worked on his skills and is still the best in the game because of his heart and smarts.

Peyton manning on a similar screen pass threw the ball in the dirt and threw the ball 5 yards behind a receiver about 7 yards away in the season opener.

You cherry picking bad throws is the problem, not Cam.

How about that Russel Wilson only completing 8 passes and his TEAM blows out San Fran.

Funny little factoid:

Cam had a higher QB rating than Wilson, Kaepernick, and Luck in Week 2.

Only RG3 had a higher QB rating and that was only because he picked up yards and TDs in trash time after the Skins fell WAY behind (again).

Funny little factoid:

Cam had a higher QB rating than Wilson, Kaepernick, and Luck in Week 2.

Only RG3 had a higher QB rating and that was only because he picked up yards and TDs in trash time after the Skins fell WAY behind (again).

Funnier factoid, Cam faced a CFL caliber secondary

Like I said earlier, Seattle fans are capable of seeing areas for improvements with Wilson. Same for the other young QBs. Carolina fans can't face the fact that he needs improvement. But in doing so you guys rather pick apart another QB not yours.

Ahhhhh... now I finally get it.

Chuck is still building those strawmen and killing those suckers dead.

No. Cam needs "good" receivers. He's not a Manning, Brady, Brees or Rodgers who can make scrubs look like Pro Bowlers. Cam needs to be put in a Matt Ryan position with two really damn good receivers and a reliable TE. Cam will struggle if weapons are not added. Put Peyton here in Carolina, and LaFail would instantly be a 1k yards receiver. That's just not who Cam is. He doesn't read defense fast enough and decision making is questionable.

Agreed. But Cam also needs a OC and QBs coach that knows how to coach him and use his natural talents, then build a playbook around that. Until this happens... Cam will be wasted and we will continue to have a WR graveyard in Carolina.

Archived