• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's Attitude

CanadianCat

The difference is: Kaepernick or RG3 could rob a bank, throw a tantrum on the sideline, slap their mother, or try to slip a sexy text to a waitress in the company of their new bride, and the media wouldn't care, over look it, flat out not report it, or make a myriad of excuses for them if/when they had to.

That's the difference. Kaepernick, is a tatted, hyper, wild child punk/hot head type. Everybody knew this already (whether they actually choose to report this or not).

Football wise: Kaepernick and RG3 are mediocre, minus a run game, motion, trickery and the pistol to operate out of. I said that all last year, so I'm not a johnny come lately in this argument. Both those guys get happy feet and are impatient when they have to actually think in the pocket (as opposed to throwing to a pre-directed 1 read/fake spot onto the field to a wide open receiver).

I said, saw it all last year.

I respectfully disagree with you about Kap...and RG0-3 to an extent well. I'd definitely take Cam over both of them but I still firmly believe they are good young quarterbacks who teams now have film on and now they have to find new ways to win. The same was said about Cam after his slow start last year but the reality was teams just had film on him but Cam being Cam got better (or the playcalling stopped being stupid but that's another thread) and we as a team got better too.

To your point on double standards though I absolutely agree. If Cam did ANY of the stuff these other two guys did the media would roast him call him a bad teammate ect ect. That's why I'm so excited to see that he has handled the press after games. The media really has no story line now and if we start winning consistently there's gonn be a lot of crow to eat for the Cam haters.

One thing that I feel that people should realize is that Cam seems to have bought into Rivera's system. One thing that I can give Rivera credit for is that the players still believe in him.  

Cam definitely seems to be a "company man" right now. I just wonder if he has bought into what the FO is selling too much. He still has a lot to learn, and I would like to hear him at least passively lobby for some more weapons (like Josh Gordon).  He could say something, like "Sure. The more weapons the better."

One thing that I feel that people should realize is that Cam seems to have bought into Rivera's system. One thing that I can give Rivera credit for is that the players still believe in him.  

Cam definitely seems to be a "company man" right now. I just wonder if he has bought into what the FO is selling too much. He still has a lot to learn, and I would like to hear him at least passively lobby for some more weapons (like Josh Gordon).  He could say something, like "Sure. The more weapons the better."

I think Cam's always been " a company man" with Carolina.

However, that doesn't mean, he doesn't know Rivera's an idiot. And will [subsequently]  try to bolt out of Carolina, as soon as he gets the chance, if he feels it's a dead end situation, organization and coach there (as opposed to publicly lobbying)?

I think he would also try to "lobby" in observance of what the Panthers do the next two years, and if/when both parties want to sign another contract. That's when he can make his thoughts known (or his private observations). 

I'm mostly impressed with how he has handled the losses this year. I think something should be said about how he has remained positive and optimistic even though the fans (myself included) were ready to blow the stadium up. The team rallies better around that sort of positive mindset.

This

I was thinking the same thing during his press conference after the Buffalo game. Giving credit to EJ manual and taking responsibility for the loss.

Unbelievable seems to be his new favorite word though :-)  Skip Bayless may lose sleep over that

cam would never do that, ever.

IDK, perhaps after he has built up more equity.  I would have never thought that he would have suggested a suggestion box.  If he gets frustrated enough, more of his personal feelings come out.

The fact is, is that he probably believes whatever the company line is, and I'm not sure he's not politically correct to do so.

Win a championship or two, and the whole of the media will speak for him, much like they're doing for Brady and Flacco.

Archived