• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nicks

Strawman

Ginn WR1

Nicks WR2

Smith WR3

LA WR4

I had this thought as well.   Hoping maybe Proehl  could work some reciever magic with him.     I think Ginn should be used way more if he can maintain his hands and good route running.  If he got techincally better with his routes with good coaching I could see him as a #1.  Not as dynamic as Smith was in his heyday but if you put a healthy Nicks across from him I would be a good thing.  Esp if you had a still functioning decently well Smith in the slot.  Smith said he's not a #1 anymore  himself but he seems to still demand the ball an awful lot.  Could his competitiveness handle a drop in workload?

Agree 100% you made several good points.

He definitely isn't the top guy in Denver. I dream of a guy like D Thomas for us. Strong, big , fast with good hands. I dream of having those kind of receiver problems on this team..lol

Thomas, Welker and Decker.

Wake up before you have a wet dream

?  you're supposed to catch the ball away from your body- with your hands..... body catcher= bad. His great hands are his  best attribute.  Unless you mean carry  the ball away from your body.  That is something he's done since UNC days.   Oddly though he hardly fumbled that I can remember.  Seems to have  knack for knowing whos around him and protecting when needed.

My comment was directed toward a moderate case of what I thought were "alligator arms" in the first half. With all of the talk about Hicks on this board I was watching him fairly closely.   I'm aware of his skills, but both he and Randle were not on the same page with Eli on many of their drives.  Jacobs made them all look a lot better.   Chicago played a lot of zone and the Giants passing game rarely hit the right angles to attack it.  Randle was worse but Hicks had some costly drops/poor routes as well iirc.  Just seemed like the Giants receivers did not trust or know the routes they were supposed to run.

Not a bad receiver, just not sold on that game that he is the huge FA acquisition we need to turn things around next year.

Have been paying close attention to him vs Bears, seems more like a great #2, rather than a #1 TBH. Combine that with the previous injury issues, and I'm not sure the expectations / hopes I've seen here about signing him next year as Steve's replacement are realistic.

BTW Randle is a worse version of LaFell.

Anyone remember what the Bears gave the Dolphins for Marshall? He's a beast.

You lost a lot of credibility with this comment.  Just my opinion though.

My comment was directed toward a moderate case of what I thought were "alligator arms" in the first half. With all of the talk about Hicks on this board I was watching him fairly closely.   I'm aware of his skills, but both he and Randle were not on the same page with Eli on many of their drives.  Jacobs made them all look a lot better.   Chicago played a lot of zone and the Giants passing game rarely hit the right angles to attack it.  Randle was worse but Hicks had some costly drops/poor routes as well iirc.  Just seemed like the Giants receivers did not trust or know the routes they were supposed to run.

Not a bad receiver, just not sold on that game that he is the huge FA acquisition we need to turn things around next year.

sorry didn't pick that up/ not looking for context clues am I?  :P

Archived