• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nicks

Strawman

Have been paying close attention to him vs Bears, seems more like a great #2, rather than a #1 TBH. Combine that with the previous injury issues, and I'm not sure the expectations / hopes I've seen here about signing him next year as Steve's replacement are realistic.

BTW Randle is a worse version of LaFell.

Anyone remember what the Bears gave the Dolphins for Marshall? He's a beast.

Have been paying close attention to him vs Bears, seems more like a great #2, rather than a #1 TBH. Combine that with the previous injury issues, and I'm not sure the expectations / hopes I've seen here about signing him next year as Steve's replacement are realistic.

BTW Randle is a worse version of LaFell.

Anyone remember what the Bears gave the Dolphins for Marshall? He's a beast.

Agreed, I don't want them to break the bank for Nicks or even come remotely close to doing anything like that for him.

Marshall was traded for a 2012 third round pick and 2013 third round pick. I was pissed the Panthers passed on a legit number 1 wide reciever when the asking price was more than reasonable.

I want them to trade for Josh Gordon so bad.

Guest Spider Monkey

Nicks would take a fair offer to play in Charlotte. He loves Charlotte, the Panthers, and the idea of playing with Cam/Steve. Unfortunately, I doubt we offer him anything.

The ideal number 1  for this offense has to be a deep threat which Nicks doesnt fit, but he would be a hell of a number 2 as a possession guy. Still worth it, and Randle is a better receiver than Lafell in every way. U gotta be kidding me with that remark.

Meh, Cruz is the better receiver, in my opinion, but he's getting all the doubles now.

Well your  best WR doesn't necessarily have to be your "#1"

Welker would never be considered a #1 but has been the best WR on a couple teams.

Nicks obviously has the tools but not loving some of the intangibles in regards to catching the ball away from his body and running the route the qb obviously expects him to run.  Communication is lacking with Eli and not real happy with effort level on a couple of plays either.

Playing with Steve and Cam may fix that, but still a big question mark.

Archived