• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heart-breaking story involving AP

SgtJoo

Sioux Falls, South Dakota police confirmed on Friday that the two-year-old son of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has died after being assaulted by a 27-year-old man who was dating the child's mother, the Argus Leader reports.

I wonder what felony charges the suspect is now facing.

AP is the guy who said HIMSELF he's playing this weekend and he's "ready to roll" he also said to not ask him any questions about the situation. The game is being played no matter what, extremely sad situation. We are playing a game this Sunday.

Yes, the game is being played (as it would be) and Peterson is playing.

But to post, as a few have, something along the lines of "Man, I bet Peterson will be inspired to run all over us this weekend" (Translation: Sure sucks for us that this happened) is ridiculously immature.

From what I read they are taking him off life support this evening & he isn't expected to survive. Barring a miracle, there's little reason to stay. Better to release that anger & grief on the field than staying there & possibly doing something stupid.

Millionaire figuring out the best way to kill dude isn't stupid at all. I'll be thinking of that the whole weekend, fug football

Read the child died, I actually teared up.

If you can't deal with a child, walk away, take a breath, come back... I just don't understand people.

I've tried to greatly reduce the amount of judgment I pass on other people... that being said, I love AP, one of my favorite players outside of our team, and from all accounts he's a stand-up guy and a true role model in most, if not all, aspects of his life. But, this is one of those gray areas, and the saddest part to me, if the reports are true, is that this child only lived two years, and died without having his father in his life. Heartbreaking... I think this could change AP for the better going forward as well, because he has to think, had he been there for that child like he has been for his other two, this likely wouldn't have ever happened and now he has to live with that. Be there for and love your children.

Prayers and thoughts are with AP and all of those involved. May that little angel RIP.

Archived