• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heart-breaking story involving AP

SgtJoo

Doesn't matter. Still his son.

I hope this comment above is the worst I see on this site

Show some class! There are more important things than football

Apparently AP doesn't subscribe to that theory.  I can't believe he's going to suit up.   Either way, terrible situation.

He is probably going to suit up to deal with the grief. If you've never experience someone very close to you dying, it's really hard to explain, but I can see where he's coming from. Sometimes it's best to put on the blinders and try to think of something else. He'll arrange the burial at the funeral home tomorrow, play Sunday, and probably have the funeral Monday. There's really nothing wrong with that; it's called coping.

AP is such a stand up guy. Sad to hear about what has happened to his son.This goes way beyond the game even know AP did confirm he was going to play on Sunday. Still such a heartbreaking tragedy. The beating of a 2 yr old kid by a grown man what is wrong with people. I could care less if AP rushed for 400 yds against us. God Bless

Sports is such a therapy. 

On 9-11 everything was going apeshit at work and we all got sent home. No problems. As I was walking out to my car I wondered if any of the usual Tuesday crowd was playing basketball at lunch. I felt like just running up and down the court would be awesome and even if there were a couple guys it would be great to run around. So I wandered over the the gym.

Turns out we had a full court. So I played basketball.

AP should absolutely play. It is the best outlet not only for him and his family. He will mourn for the rest of his life. On Sunday he will play a game.

Maybe I am being too harsh but if you ask me, I'll say it's easy for him to suit up because he was not that involved with the kid. If I lost a child, I would honor his memory for at least a weak by just being low profile.

What if it was a parent?

To those saying he shouldn't play, I'm sorry but you're an idiot and obviously never played sports in your life.  What do you expect him to do, mope in his couch or lay in bed, so people think he's been affected enough?

One of the great aspects of sports/working out is leaving the outside world behind and getting emotions out(such as wanting to murder some piece of poo).  Favre had one of the greatest games of his career the week his father died.

Archived