• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LaFell TD

SgtJoo

Wtf is Chris Scott and Byron Bell doing?

Can't really blame all that on Chris Scott, Byron Bell basically completely ignored the defender and hung Scott out to dry.

Bell is horrendous. Is there seriously nobody else that can start? What a joke.

I mean he's a nice guy and all, but damn.

B. Bell was doing his assignment.  That was not his man.  Stop putting blame where it doesn't belong, he has not been half as bad as you casual fans think he is.

I am however laughing at the way he's just standing there.

It's hilarious, whether it mattered or not.

B. Bell was doing his assignment.  That was not his man.  Stop putting blame where it doesn't belong, he has not been half as bad as you casual fans think he is.

So when his man drops back into coverage, Bell's assignment is to just stand there?

So when his man drops back into coverage, Bell's assignment is to just stand there?

Beat up on Bell all you want, that was not his assignment.  When Smith's man drops back into a Tampa 2 and we have a pitch out to the opposite side what is his assignment?

If he stands and looks for a player to block do you jump his poo?

Until he's sure the defender isn't running a delayed stunt, yes. A favorite tactic for defenders it to step back and fool their man into thinking he's going to cover and then run through the gap when they turn their attention elsewhere.

I admit it looks awful in this gif and I've been a guy very critical of Bell, but what exactly was he supposed to do here? He didn't know the DE was going to drop into coverage instead of rushing Cam. In the second that it took him to realize this, Scott had already managed to get himself whipped like a rented mule. Once you look at the play with this in min, you realize that it was Scott, not Bell who actually did an awful job on this play even though it's Bell who looks like an idiot at first glance.

Archived