• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's Contract if the season ended today

Hopefully Cam understands that giving up 5 million a year from the Panthers helps the team stay better all around, which helps him win and pump up other income streams. I'm not saying he shouldn't want the Panthers to pay him, but tying up too much money in one player in a capped sport can make it harder to win.

This is all assuming that he and the team continue to improve, which I believe that they will.

If there's one position you have to break the bank for when you have your guy, it's QB. You can't just replace those guys in the draft like other positions. If we have to let Hardy, Ginn, Mitchell and Lafell all walk in order to keep Cam so be it. In just one draft we can get enough replacements for those guys that it would be less of a drop off than if we lost Cam and tried to replace him.

Drew Brees was also 7-9 last year. Was he not a franchise QB last year but is again a franchise QB this year.

Drew Brees also has a Superbowl ring.  Along with Rothlisburger and Eli Manning has 2. Cam on the other had has not had a winning season yet.  Just like I didnt list any other of the Young qbs they are all unproven.  1 year does not make a career.

Drew Brees also has a Superbowl ring. Along with Rothlisburger and Eli Manning has 2. Cam on the other had has not had a winning season yet. Just like I didnt list any other of the Young qbs they are all unproven. 1 year does not make a career.

He is 24 years old and in only his third season of taking over the historically bad offense of 2010 with mostly the same players.

What you are saying is, in order to know if Cam is a franchise QB we need to time travel to 2025 and see how many Super Bowls he has won before coming back to 2013 and committing to him.

I

athletes would be smart to follow Jordan's shoes for once..  Brady set an example at one point.  With NFL having a cap, it's ridiculous to handicap your franchise like Brees.  Especially when Cam is already making his money through endorsements (unlike Brees)..

None of today's top veteran quarterback's became who they are in their first few seasons. Most of them occasionally still make mistakes and occasionally have bad games just like any other quarterback has. Last year Brees had a game with 5 interceptions and 0 touchdowns.

Archived