• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is 9-7 good enough? Only 27% of the time since 2002...

mr beauxjangles

While we could certainly overtake the Saints for the division, we will likely be competing for a wild card spot.

Between 2002 and 2012:

9-7 has been good enough to guarantee a wild card spot 27% of the time (6 out of 22 instances; 4 out of 11 years in the NFC and 2 out of 11 years in the AFC).

10-6 has been good enough to guarantee a wild card spot 68% of the time (15 out of 22 instances; 9 out of 11 years for the NFC and 6 out of 11 years for the AFC).

11-5 has guaranteed a playoff spot every year in both conferences except for the 11-5 patriots in 2008.

Clearly we need to look for 10-6 to have decent confidence in our playoff chances...obvious, I know. Just found the above statistics intersting when isolating wild card spots. So 6-3 for the remainder of the season and that still might not cut it.

Atlanta

@San Francisco

New England

@Miami

Tampa Bay

@New Orleans

Jets

New Orleans

@Atlanta

San Francisco is on a bye next week. They'll be 6-2 coming off a five game win streak where they beat down some opposition just like we have recently. That's going to be a massive game for both teams with inevitable Cam-Kaep hype, followed by our Monday night home game against the Pats. Those two games will be a barometer for this team and Rivera. Going at least 6-3 to close the season will not be easy.

We need to get to 10 wins..

Its going to come down to us, detroit, washington, for that second WC spot. Possibly arizona.

We win 9 we probably don't get in.

Washington???  wtf are you smoking.  Yes the 2-5 Redskins will win 10 games. 

I have done all the math and scenarios. Here is what it comes down to:

Can we beat: New England, San Fran OR New Orleans... have to win one of those

And then we have to win all of the rest of the games - games against lesser team where we will be the favorite and just need to take care of business. We show up one week and don't get it done and we probably are done.

Washington???  wtf are you smoking.  Yes the 2-5 Redskins will win 10 games. 

What was I smoking? Well let me tell you smart guy. They were up on denver IN denver 21-7 when I posted that. They would have been at 3-4. That same washington team ran the table last year to get in, what did they win 7 in a row to get in? Thats out the window now

Archived