• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Melvin Whites NFL comparison from Nfl.com pre 2013 draft.

thunderraiden

I hope he lives up to that evaluation. From what I have seen he lacks the physicality to make up for his obvious lack of speed and acceleration.  He needs a lot of work being more physical off the line and handfighting down the field like Sherman.  We need physical corners on the outside who can play on an island.  Hopefully he can develop into that kind of guy.

Also, another gem from a fellow huddler:

Or you could post the stats I followed with which supported my claim at the time, but I guess when reviving a dead thread for the sole purpose of trying to make yourself feel important you wouldn't do that.

All I ever see you do on these forums is try to trash others to make yourself feel better. Go get laid or something and keep my name out your mouth.

Or you could post the stats I followed with which supported my claim at the time, but I guess when reviving a dead thread for the sole purpose of trying to make yourself feel important you wouldn't do that.

All I ever see you do on these forums is try to trash others to make yourself feel better. Go get laid or something and keep my name out your mouth.

Hahahaha. I'll try. Just hard when I have to correct dumb people like you :) sherman isn't even the best DB on Seattle tho right? .... Right?

I try to tell u people. Dont debate me on football. U will lose. Unlike all of u, i watch the games, not sportscenter highlights. Tell me again how Sherman isnt the best :)

Hahahaha. I'll try. Just hard when I have to correct dumb people like you :) sherman isn't even the best DB on Seattle tho right? .... Right?

I try to tell u people. Dont debate me on football. U will lose. Unlike all of u, i watch the games, not sportscenter highlights. Tell me again how Sherman isnt the best :)

Last I checked, the "discussion" we had in October is still there. Feel free to look back over how I gave you valid points and reasoning and you responded with a gif and tried to make yourself look cool. You've gotta be a real loser with no life to go dig up this thread. You made absolutely ZERO arguments to support your claim...you're too dumb to even know you lost the argument and then you go dig up the evidence lol.

It's 3 months old, let it go.

Bye, "kid".

Last I checked, the "discussion" we had in October is still there. Feel free to look back over how I gave you valid points and reasoning and you responded with a gif and tried to make yourself look cool. You've gotta be a real loser with no life to go dig up this thread. You made absolutely ZERO arguments to support your claim...you're too dumb to even know you lost the argument and then you go dig up the evidence lol.

It's 3 months old, let it go.

Bye, "kid".

You're so right. Everyone in the world is wrong, but you are right. Sherman isn't even the best CB on his team :)

Man, i hope the entire NFL learns about your findings!! You better call Trey Wingo immediately and inform him, so they can have a segment dedicated to this tomorrow on NFL Live or something.

Have a good one bud. Next time you make a retarded claim just to be a contrarian, try using it against someone who actually knows LESS then you. :) take care.

And the winner for Most Humble Huddler with the Largest Inability to Spell?

RKO396!!!!!

"Once considered a dark horse in this hotly contest category, it looks like rko came in an snatched up the award?"

"That's right Jim, and he did it with such passion and panache! It's easy to not jeer against the guy!"

"Right you are, Dean!"

You are so GD stuck on how we obtained him.  There are many Hall of Famers that were undrafted. 

Tell me how the world works.  Cause you say so? 

First of all I have very normal expectations of White.  I always have.   You're the one placing limits on him.   Not me.

He has one of the best DB coaches in the NFL right now.  I would be pretty sure Louisiana Lafayette isn't loaded with great defensive coaches.   It is pretty obvious that some of that quality coaching is showing up.

So we'll leave it at your HELL NO, he won't be as good as Sherman, EVER.  And I will leave it as "He's talented enough, lets see if he is a true diamond in the rough."

I'm on your side, but don't underestimate the Cajun coaches.  Coach Hudspeth and his staff has made a vast turnaround of our program since he got here.  He took a program predicted to finish dead last in all of college football when he got here 3 years ago, to 3 straight New Orleans Bowl victories and a conference championship.  He implemented an offseason training regiment that might be every bit as strenuous as even NFL teams by getting a former officer from the special forces to be our conditioning coach.  Best story I've heard was coach Hudspeth asking coach Whitt if he could push them as hard as physically possible within reason, Coach Whitt's response was "What about without reason?".  Now they do 1 mile runs to the stadium, then do stadiums (both lower and upper deck, back to the athletic complex a mile away, all of this with 50 pound bags of sand on their back.  That kind of training prepared him for what the NFL would throw at him.

Really don't under estimate the cajun coaches, since 2003 we pump out DB talent as well as almost anyone in the country.  Since 2003, we've sent Charles Tillman, Ike Taylor, CC Brown, Antwann Spann, Michael Adams, Dwight Bentley, and lastly Melvin White.  That is a lot of quality DB's for a Non-AQ program.

Archived