• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers asking for loud crowd via Twitter

SCP

Going to a game and taking it all in, is really something people need to appreciate first hand. Maybe some people have and still don't? I will agree that there are pros and cons to both. At the game, you have to wait in line to pee, sit in traffic for two hours after the game, etc. BUT if the Panthers win and we make a few great plays, you'd have to be a tool to say watching the game at home is better than not only experiencing the win firsthand but literally feeling complete pandemonium as it is happening.

A good sports bar like let's say downtown Charlotte and packed with Panthers fans? OK, maybe you have a slight argument but still nothing beats being surrounded with thousands of other passionate fans who are all screaming and yelling out of pure joy. You can try to replicate it with surround sound and a big flat screen but it is not the same. It's like watching your favorite band perform on TV. Go see them live and tell me the TV concert is still doing it for you! That feeling of electricity is not something you can capture in your living room. It's something you have to be a part of.

Case the point, the World Series tonight. I can only imagine what it would have felt like to be at Fenway or even outside Fenway, with thousands loosing their s*** over something that hasn't happened in 60+ years.

I've been to a few Panther games myself, the '96 playoff game against Dallas was a great experience. I sat in the upper deck close to the 50 yard line and remember Aikman's interception at the end of the game to seal the deal for the Panthers. I remember the place going crazy (people high-five'ing each other down the exits) and feeling like the team was unstoppable (if even for a week)! 

That being said, when your team loses while in attendance at the same time... that really sucks.  I went to the Cardinals game when Jake had the worst game of his life.  That game, sitting in the rain on those crappy plastic chairs... OK, maybe I'd rather have watched Jake screw up from the comfort of my home! haha

Then the following year, I made it back to Charlotte to watch game one against the Eagles. We lost that one too. Not to mention, I live in Richmond so when we loose, it's a looooong drive home. :)

Still, when things go well... nothing beats witnessing greatness in person. I think more and more fans are turning to TV over buying tickets because they can't afford to go to a game. If you stay away from something long enough, you sometimes forget what you miss about it. I think that is what is happening to many of the modern day NFL fans who only watch games on TV.

Buy a ticket, take it all in and see what your missing.

this makes zero fucking sense

I get what he means. Live at the stadium with friends or family there can be distractions, plus its more visual, there is lots to see.

At home I can be watching it alone and totally focused. I can't eat im so nervous with every drive. Im on the edge of my recliner, I don't want "her" coming near me to even ask the score. Its scary intense, I think she really thinks im gonna snap one day.

Going to a game and taking it all in, is really something people need to appreciate first hand. Maybe some people have and still don't? I will agree that there are pros and cons to both. At the game, you have to wait in line to pee, sink in traffic for two hours after the game, etc. BUT if the Panthers are win and we make a few great plays, you'd have to be a tool to say watching the game at home is better that not only experiencing but literally feeling complete pandemonium.

A good sports bar like let's say downtown Charlotte and packed with Panthers fans? OK, maybe you have a slight argument but still nothing beats being surrounded with thousands of other passionate fans who are all screaming and yelling out of pure joy. You can try to replicate it with surround sound and a big flat screen but it is not the game. It's like watching your favorite band perform on TV. Go see them live and tell me the TV concert is still doing it for you! That feeling of electricity is not something you can capture in your living room. It's something you have to be a part of.

Case in the point, the World Series tonight. I can only imagine what it would have felt like to be at Fenway or even outside Fenway, with thousands loosing their s***.

I've been to a few Panther games, the '96 playoff game against Dallas was a great experience. I sat in the upper deck close to the 50 yard line, remember Aikman's interception at the end of the game to seal the deal for the Panthers. I remember the place going crazy and feeling like the team was unstoppable if even for a week! 

That being said, when your team loses while in attendance at the same game... that really sucks.  I went to the Cardinals game when Jake had the worst game of his life.  That game, sitting in the rain on hard plastic chairs... OK, maybe I'd rather have watched Jake screw up from the comfort of my home! haha

Then the following year, I made it back to Charlotte to watch game one against the Eagles. We lost that too. Not to mention, I live in Richmond so when we loose, it's a looooong drive home. :)

Still, when things go well... nothing beats witnessing greatness in person. I think more and more fans are turning to TV over buying tickets because they can't afford to go to a game. If you stay away from something long enough, you sometimes forget what you miss about it. I think that is what is happening to many of the modern day NFL fans who only watch games on TV.

Jakes first game against Jax. There's nothing like 70,000 fans going ballistic after a final seconds win. 

Probably my best live experience.

I get what he means. Live at the stadium with friends or family there can be distractions, plus its more visual, there is lots to see.

At home I can be watching it alone and totally focused. I can't eat im so nervous with every drive. Im on the edge of my recliner, I don't want "her" coming near me to even ask the score. Its scary intense, I think she really thinks im gonna snap one day.

100% the same here. I fly to the states for 2-3 games a year. This year I was in in Charlotte against the Rams and then in Tampa, will be back in Miami in three weeks again. Even with the best seats in the stadium you don´t see the plays as clear as on TV I think. But the atmosphere and everything that is going on around the game is great. So I would love to go to everey game, but watching it on a big TV screen (or projector - which I do) is great also. And somehow I am a lot more nervous when whatching the games on TV - my wife could tell some stories here.

.... Watching it in person is 1000x better.

Agree 1000%.  A lot happens away from the play and on the sidelines that is missed when you only watch on tv.  The games seem to go much faster when watching in person.  There's is no way somebody could appreciate the atmosphere at the Rams game a couple weeks ago without being present.

Here's the answer ...  go to the game and have a great time.  You don't have to spend $150.  Plenty of tickets for $50 from the local scalpers.  Tivo the game and watch it during the week when you get downtime.  That way you can FF through the same commercials over and over and over again. 

When the Panthers are doing good and the game matters, BOA rocks.  I remember playoff games against Dallas and MNF vs the 49ers (back in the day) ... you could not understand the people sitting next to you because it was so loud.  Great times and more to come! 

BOA stadium rocks about as much as Nickelback.

Harris Teeter VIC commercials rock!!!!  "Hey everybody, we know it's third and one and the Panthers defense needs a stop here.  But let's all pull out our VIC cards for a chance to win!

I love the Panthers.  But the game day atmosphere at BOA sucks ass!  

Archived