• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DRAFT SPECULATION/NEWS THREAD

MichaelNewtonII

So wait are you a Panthers fan??

Did you agree with everything that Marty Hurney did?

Yes I am. And no I did not. But once it was rumored we liked a certain guy in the draft I might have not liked it but I instantly become that players biggest fan. And back him.

I get what your saying. But I also try to stay positive and hope it always works out to the best.

Yeah I'm with WOW!! on saying we have a log jam at the 3. We need a starter quality 2 guard and an upgrade to the PF position. I really don't want to see us draft someone at a position where we have a ton of young talent. If MKG gets his confidence going, and develops a reasonable jumper, he is playing big minutes right alongside Al. I don't want to draft a player that won't contribute more than 15 minutes per game.

Well go ahead and buckle up because the fourth pick in the draft last year didn't even average over 15 minutes per game so I doubt the ninth pick does. Also I've stated this at least 100 times, but Clifford has said that he prefers proven players over potential because rookies rarely ever come in and make an immediate impact.

We would spend 2 top 10 picks on 1 position. And I'm not suppose to question the direction of this team???

When players don't perform like u expected they might get replaced. I'm glad we drafted Kemba when we had augustin. I sure wished we would Have picked other players but instead we didn't bc we already players we just drafted hoping they would pan out.

That's besides the point anyways. I don't wanna replace MKG anyways. I think McDermott can play the 4 and not be as bad as everyone thinks. While also being productive on the other side. Rememeber 4's will have to guard him on the perimeter as we'll. but that's just my hope

When players don't perform like u expected they might get replaced. I'm glad we drafted Kemba when we had augustin. I sure wished we would Have picked other players but instead we didn't bc we already players we just drafted hoping they would pan out.

That's besides the point anyways. I don't wanna replace MKG anyways. I think McDermott can play the 4 and not be as bad as everyone thinks. While also being productive on the other side. Rememeber 4's will have to guard him on the perimeter as we'll. but that's just my hope

Clifford already said he is a 3. So at what point does he play 4?? Which again I don't think he can play and plus we spent a top 4 pick on Cody. So one way or another the McDermott pick is a over kill on a position we have used a top 10 pick on in the last 3 years. By the same FO. At some point their moves have to be questioned.

Well go ahead and buckle up because the fourth pick in the draft last year didn't even average over 15 minutes per game so I doubt the ninth pick does. Also I've stated this at least 100 times, but Clifford has said that he prefers proven players over potential because rookies rarely ever come in and make an immediate impact.

Then why not used the 9th pick on a player with great upside instead of a role player? ?

We can get a Vet starter in FA and have a young player with major upside coming off the bench for 10 min a game. That seems like a smart FO move.

I meant more long term than just this year. And I don't take last years draft seriously, it was poo. 

Guys, we're getting Julius Randle at #9!!!!!

Quit the arguing. It's pointless.

That's almost as bad as McDermott.

No doubt, I think Randle will be a much better NBA player, at the very least, a solid 10-10 guy.  But, what would drafting him say about Cody?

I just don't get it.

All these guys are gambles, if you're gonna gamble, at least gamble on your proven worst position and bring in a potential replacement with the pick...  Shooting guard has been established as our weakest link long ago, and it needs to be addressed.  Unless we're talking all-time great-type of talent at #9, why would you draft for the same position within a year or two after you just addressed it with a top 5 pick?

It's idiotic. 

Just randomly browsing through, but lol at the dude saying he was invited to PJ's draft party. He put up a promotional flyer on his Instagram for everyone to come to Inferno in Greensboro to celebrate with him.

Also called himself a "Hometown Hero". Stay modest, PJ. 

Archived