• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Tanier Week 11 Game Riffs

dos poptarts

Some interesting tidbits from Tanier in the Pats @Panthers section. Yes, he picks us to win. Everyone in his Magnificent Seven has beaten weak competition and haven't really played each other yet and six of the seven are playing each other this weekend.

Of course it helps to create cupcakes when you are double-dipping the beatings of weak competition.

Panther - Saints share the same opponents. (minus two games)

Seahawks - 49ers (ditto)

Chiefs - Broncos (ditto)

Pats have no one else in their division who is playing like a top-tier team. Though the Jets could make a statement in the next few games.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/63938248/

1. No one has played anyone. The only teams Magnificent Seven teams can make statement wins against are other Magnificent Seven teams. And the Patriots, Panthers, Broncos, Chiefs, Niners Saints, and Seahawks have not played each other much this year, thanks in part to a scheduling oddity that backloaded the Chiefs-Broncos and Saints-Panthers meetings. (That's what makes Week 11 so special). Here's the Magnificent Seven head-to-head results so far, arranged as if they were their own conference:

Seahawks, 2-0 (beat Panthers and Niners)
Patriots, 1-0 (beat Saints, game decided in last second)
Panthers, 1-1 (beat Niners, lost to Seahawks, both games close)
Chiefs, 0-0
Broncos, 0-0 (three Mag-7 games in next four weeks)
Saints, 0-1 (lost to Patriots)
Niners, 0-2 (lost to Panthers, blown out by Seahawks)

This guy is dead-on.  About everything.  Had not seen this site before, pie.

Patriots at Panthers

8:30 p.m. Monday, ESPN
Line: Panthers by 2½

Pre-written rough drafts of articles titled "The Panthers Have Arrived" are idling on hard drives around the country. Both ESPN and NFL Network have prepared graphics which read: "Panthers: Super Bowl Contenders?" and highlight montages of Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly, to broadcast while roundtables of experts weigh in on Newton's eliteness and elititude. The armada of coverage launches on Tuesday if the Panthers beat the Patriots on Monday night. Otherwise, it sits in dry dock until the Panthers travel to New Orleans on Dec. 8.

The Panthers bandwagon -- or flotilla, to extend the metaphor -- has been slow to sail for several reasons. The Panthers hadn't beaten any contenders before the Niners game. After they beat the Niners 10-9 last week, the Patriots loomed like a storm cloud on the horizon, so there was no need to take a risk by supporting a team with pronounced heartbreaker tendencies.

At first I was giddy about the reverie of our Monday night game but I have so grown tired of of the repetitive posts(mine included).  In the end I think one of two things will happen...  We win by a lot or lose by a little.

My burnout will end by 2:00 pm Monday or a few hours after that in large part due to copious amounts of alcohol. 

Until said time I will go ahead and summarize most posts regarding the game

1.  Go Panthers

2.  We have a great front 7

3. Our LB corp can stick with Gronk

4.  Our run game is key.

5.  We need to pressure Brady.

Archived