• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good write up on Inconsistency with Rules in NFL

L-TownCat

I honestly believe they didn't look at that. They only looked at whether he had both feet in bounds. That is the only way they could have missed that IMO

whats really fuged up is that you could see Ron screaming at the ref that he bobbled and lost the football on the way down before he went to the booth.

Everything should be reviewable in a game.  Same thing, give the coaches two challenges, if they win both they get a third.  Why wouldn't you allow the coach to challenge anything?  My suspicion is it would draw attention for several focused minutes on just how bad the refs can be in every game.  Guess what NFL, you already have egg on your face, can we please just get the damn game right?  Especially, PI or any 15 yard penalty, those are game changing penalties.  Of course, just off the top of my head, the Vernon Davis fumble and Clay confirmed catch yesterday give me zero confidence they can get it right even with replay.

I heard Pereira and Ryan both make an excuse that the ref "didn't see it because Cam is too big" and fuging laughed. Cam was obviously shaken up after that play and I can assure you that it that hit happens to Peyton or Brady the refs WOULD have seen it. 

"he's so big" lol he isn't really bigger than Peyton or Brady, and anyway, Manning's a walking bobblehead to begin with so if they can't see Cam getting hit then they probably don't see half of their field of vision past the numbers "1||8"

Anyway it's a good thing we have tough players because Cam took that hit on the chin like a sport. You could probably float the titanic with the blood he spit out.

i think it's worth mentioning this any time someone brings up the "cam flops lulz" argument. if this was brees or brady that took a shot to the chin like that they'd be flailing on the ground in puddles of their own vomit and shrieking for flags. cam just shook it off and jogged off to spit up some blood. never said anything to a ref.

Bad calls have been and will continue to be a part of the game.  You do the best you can as a league to minimize them but at a certain point you have to stop trying to micro-manage every potential scenario and just play the damn game.  

I hate when a defense focuses so much effort at trying to force a running back to fumble that they forget about tackling and let the guy get an extra 5+ yards.

Now, in a similar vein, with all the recent controversies,  I am witnessing a lot more raised hands, flopping and incessant whining by more than just patriots and it is interfering with the game.  Working the refs is fine to a certain extent but we are headed into Playoff football and the focus needs to be less on the call and more on playing the next play.

Archived