• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seahawks VS 49ers, why do people pick 49ers?

cardiackat88.

I see what you are saying but gotta root for the seahawks.

It's clear Seattle is going to win that division so we need San Fran and Arizona to keep dropping down the leaderboard.

Who I root for and who (presumed) unbiased people pick to win don't have anything to do with each other. I've never understood why fans want to argue that all the teams they are in competition with suck. 

i am aware, but the lazy thought process of people is to say oh they just blew out Saints on MNF so they probably wont play as well next week. maybe not, but they are better than the 9ers IMO and I dont expect them to lose. Just trying to find reasoning on why anyone would pick 9ers over them.

I think on the road....Seattle is a coin flip against teams like SF or us.

On NFL..com, only one person out of five "experts" chose the Seahawks to win.

Please someone explain to me what the sudden hype is about the 49ers? When did they start playing any better than when the lost to the Panthers and the Saints?

It's bugging the living hell out of me. They have not been that great this year, by any means

Is this just the media machine churning?

I suppose the  ones that picked the Seahawks to lose believe the short week and playing away from home is enough to tip the winning balance to the Niners.

On NFL..com, only one person out of five "experts" chose the Seahawks to win.

Please someone explain to me what the sudden hype is about the 49ers? When did they start playing any better than when the lost to the Panthers and the Saints?

It's bugging the living hell out of me. They have not been that great this year, by any means

Is this just the media machine churning?

Divisional Game

49ers got embarassed in their first match up.

49ers playing much better the last 2 weeks (As is Kaepernick)

Seattle is playing away

Seattle on a short week

Seahawks have pretty much wrapped up Home Field already

49ers still trying to ensure playoff spot

Home team has won 8 of 9 last meetings

etc....

Even Vegas has them as a 3 point favorite. Who wins? Who knows, but take your emotional blinders off and it is fairly obvious why the 49ers have the edge.

Posted Today, 01:50 PM

PntherPryd, on 05 Dec 2013 - 1:45 PM, said:snapback.png

I see what you are saying but gotta root for the seahawks.

It's clear Seattle is going to win that division so we need San Fran and Arizona to keep dropping down the leaderboard.

Who I root for and who (presumed) unbiased people pick to win don't have anything to do with each other. I've never understood why fans want to argue that all the teams they are in competition with suck. 

not sure why you quoted me, unless I am wrong in assuming you are panther fan.  The comment was about playoff positioning, not about other teams sucking.

Divisional Game

49ers got embarassed in their first match up.

49ers playing much better the last 2 weeks (As is Kaepernick)

Seattle is playing away

Seattle on a short week

Seahawks have pretty much wrapped up Home Field already

49ers still trying to ensure playoff spot

Home team has won 8 of 9 last meetings

etc....

Even Vegas has them as a 3 point favorite. Who wins? Who knows, but take your emotional blinders off and it is fairly obvious why the 49ers have the edge.

this man knows what he is talking about.....49ers need this game bad...for Seattle, it isn't a must win at all

The only way the 49ers win this game is if they can run the ball effectively. It's very clear that Kaepernick isn't that good of a QB. If the 49ers can run the ball effectively then it will force Seattle to play more man defense. That's win Kaep is effective, because he's not as effective reading zone defenses.

the media needs the Niners to start playing well so it boosts the whole "Kaepernick only wasn't doing well because he didn't have players!!!"" narrative.

Kaepernick is less white than Wilson.  Advantage Wilson.

I wouldn't mind if the Seahawks lost a few games. Their fans are quickly becoming the most obnoxious around.

Also, you say the 49ers haven't been that good this year. Neither have the Seahawks compared to their 11-1 record. It wasn't that long ago they got lucky and squeaked out wins over St Louis and Tampa Bay. The media wasn't so high on them back then, in fact they were raking them over the coals.

Stop being a prisoner of the moment. They slapped around a mediocre Saints team at home. New Orleans is only 4-3 since starting 5-0.

I didn't know that about their record. 4-3 in the last 7 shows they are beatable. We just need our players to come out and execute. Hopefully the coaches have developed a good game plan.

Archived