• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

saints @ panthers tickets resale is second highest in the league this week

rayzor

pretty cool little thing from david newton about how big this game is according to ticket resale prices

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Just how big is Sunday's game between the Carolina Panthers and New Orleans Saints in which the NFC South title and a first-round bye are at stake?

According to SeatGeek.com, fans are paying an average of $212 per ticket on the secondary market.

That is the most in demand for a Carolina home game since at least 2009, when the organization began monitoring NFL ticket resales.

It tops last year's home game against the Dallas Cowboys, which drew an average resale of $206 per ticket. According to SeatGeek.com, games against the Cowboys typically are high because of their national following -- especially in smaller markets such as Charlotte.

Sunday's ticket resale is 15 percent higher than the $185 per ticket for Carolina's Monday night home game against the New England Patriots earlier this season.

Less than two months ago, tickets for this game were going for an average of $75 on the resale market. The current resale average is 20 percent higher than it was when New Orleans hosted Carolina two weeks ago at the Superdome for $176 per ticket.

Demand is up 80 percent from the average Carolina home game this year. The average resale has been $118, the 18th highest in the NFL.

Only the Atlanta at San Francisco game for $355 per ticket ranks higher this weekend, and that is because it's likely the time the 49ers play a home game at Candlestick Park unless they somehow host a playoff game.

Some fans are paying as high as $1,000 per ticket behind the Carolina bench.

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/3185/panther-saints-big-if-ticket-resales-an-indication?src=mobile

Prices are coming down with the date approaching. Some tickets are listed for $1K behind the bench but can be had for $300 - $400.  

If any of you are looking for tix, go to the NFL ticketexchange.  It is run by ticketmaster.  Don't have to worry about fake tickets.  Check it often as folks often put tickets for sale during the last few days.

I saw 1st row lower level for $300.  Ticket prices are falling not rising so if you are still planning on going hold out until Saturday if you can.

I was just saying this last night. I have beeen wanting to buy a couple lowers but figured they would be dropping closer to game day. Ticket prices were outrageous all week long.

Unless you're someone looking to unload tickets this week, this is a cool thing...how?

big picture...that we are in a game that is kind of a big deal. yeah, we all know that but this is one of those pinching moments that lets me know it's not a dream. it's been a long time since we've had a game that people cared a lot about. that, in itself, is cool.

also...it might be that some saints fans who were considering making the trip up this way might be dissuaded from making the trip since they might not be able to get the tickets for cheap. i doubt that is much of a factor, tho.

I haven't been to a game since Panthers @Texans in 2011. Sat 4 rows behind the Panthers bench. Paid about $220/per about 6 weeks prior.

Who are Panther players who interact with the crowd these days. In Houston it was 70% Shockey and 30% Smitty. Shockey was funny as hell to the Texans fans who were yelling at him. He seemed to really feed off it then entire game.

Archived