• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

it was easy to give up on Cam (this isn't a bash Cam haters thread)

TheRumGone

I have always believed in Cam the person (his integrity, his value set, his tenacity, his intelligence, etc).

Forgive me if I find it difficult to forget those on this board and in the media that made a sport of attacking his character as a human being.

Too many are hiding behind "oh look how much Cam has matured" when the reality is they were wrong about him 3 years ago and just are too petty to admit it.

Eli Manning

Joe Flacco

Drew Brees

played much must worse than Cam in their 1st 3 years but never had to contend with this level of stupid. 

If you saw Cam at Auburn you never wavered from the start.

If I could give you 500 PIES I would. Shhhhh...don't tell them that unlike this team Auburn just needed a really good QB.

Everytime I read threads like this I have to keep wondering if it's Cam's skin color or the media tearing him down, why some on here seem to have such a hard time really seeing this kid. They seem to be very good at shifting all of the Panthers issues unto Cam, just like those in the media. Yet, they claim they love him and their are his biggest cheerleaders. Seriously?!

What I have been saying about many on this site in regards to Cam, keeps coming to past. Cam is nothing more that some quick road to a SB victory for some folks. They even fail to realize how much this team has grown since Cam got here because all they see is that next trip back to the SB as if the road to the SB for this team was simply a decent QB like back in 2003. Many of the Panthers fans on here seem stuck in the 2003 season. They talk about how much Cam needs to grow and mature as if he's playing with 2003 team and not the ever declining post 2008 team that he inherited.  

Cam got a team that was pretty much like what Peyton Manning did in 1989. A team that hadn't sniff a winning season in years. Instead of recongnizing what one has in their QB and set out to build a strong team that can compete for a very long time, some on here act like Cam inherited the 2008 team. WRONG! I simply can't believe not only the level of impatience

towards  Cam but the extreme arrogance as if he is the real reason the Panthers aren't playing well.

It's clear that way to many hate Cam because he defies their arrogant besire to play gods but I am so amazed at how many on here behave in the same manner as those in the media, yet act like they don't.

I think if you give Newton a good OL and at least one legit #1 WR......he would be near unstoppable.

Bottom line is he is playing behind a weak OL, despite us being loyal to the run game it doesn't aid him much, and his WRs too often don't get open. We improve the O talent and he improves.

Also people expect too much to soon from him.....he is already ahead if where tons of now elite QBs were 3 years in.

Have you ever seen cam throw away the ball? nO? that's because when he's pressured, he runs back 12 yards and takes a sack...... AM i right, or am i right?

I don't know if Cam is hurt and if he is the Panthers aren't going to advertise it.

He has not seemed the same since after NE on many levels.

Not talking about the team, or the OL, or the WRs, or the play calls.

That smile has not been there as much and he just seems more unwilling to step up into the pocket or to run.

My only criticisms of Cam are what they have been all year: 

1. holding the ball to long when there are open receivers (and yes there were some yesterday, if they drop it, that's on them but he has to get it there).  Either throw, throw it away, or run, but do it in 4.5 seconds or less.   and

2.  taking that negative yardage on the collapsing blitzes.  

Teams have watched enough film to see his tendency now and until Shula/Dorsey help coaching him out of it is gong to continue....that's what coaches are suppose to be for.

Props to him though, he rose up, and no matter what was ailing him, made it happen on the last drive of the game, no timeouts, no Steve Smith and got I it done.

Not sure why everyone is either a Cam hater or slobbering over his nuts. Some of s can speak realistically.

He has looked fantastic at times and has struggled at times. He is good but not yet elite with sky high potential. Is he a top 10 QB yet?

Maybe. But probably not.

Playoffs will help determine.

I have always believed in Cam the person (his integrity, his value set, his tenacity, his intelligence, etc).

Forgive me if I find it difficult to forget those on this board and in the media that made a sport of attacking his character as a human being.

Too many are hiding behind "oh look how much Cam has matured" when the reality is they were wrong about him 3 years ago and just are too petty to admit it.

They are doing everything in their power not to admit that they have always been wrong. Their behavior is a sign of pure arrogance at it's best, IMO.

The Cam we see today was the same Cam at Auburn. I am sure if you ask Coach Malzhan (?) how Cam was in college, he would say pretty much what Rivera and his father is saying about him.

The media and their followers want us to now believe that  Cam's has gotten so much better in his  so called "intangibles" and "QB merchanics" from last season. Yet, when comparing to his 2nd season, to this season, the stats are about the same. The only difference is in the area of fumbles. Cam only has one this season. As a matter of fact this season, Luck have four times the amount of fumbles as Cam and has been a fumbling machine, 14, since he turned pro but no one will ever point out that FACT to show he doesn't make sound decisions. Nope... that will never happen.

It's clear they want us to believe, and many way to easily, that Cam is some dumb "mobile QB" who isn't very smart; while they want us to believe Luck is a QB who is way beyond his years in mature and has sound decision making QB mechanics and intangibles. Such BS!! But sadly an unfortunate reflection of what hasn't changed much in the NFL. 

^^^^

oh yeah??? thats how u sound like

If you would have read the entire post you would have known what I meant.

Naka @ Atlanta, not Cam's fault.

Mare vs Minnesota, not Cam's fault.

Smitty slipped on a timing route in Chicago, leading to a pick 6, not ALL Cam's fault.

I could go on... But I'm not pretty sure you rather just pick a single line out to argue rather than my entire post.

Never did I say when Cam wins does he deserve ALL the credit.

And I understand that all QB's are judged by wins and losses, but so many of you were judging his progression as a player by wins and losses and not watching for little things.

I don't know if Cam is hurt and if he is the Panthers aren't going to advertise it.

He has not seemed the same since after NE on many levels.

Not talking about the team, or the OL, or the WRs, or the play calls.

That smile has not been there as much and he just seems more unwilling to step up into the pocket or to run.

My only criticisms of Cam are what they have been all year: 

1. holding the ball to long when there are open receivers (and yes there were some yesterday, if they drop it, that's on them but he has to get it there).  Either throw, throw it away, or run, but do it in 4.5 seconds or less.   and

2.  taking that negative yardage on the collapsing blitzes.  

Teams have watched enough film to see his tendency now and until Shula/Dorsey help coaching him out of it is gong to continue....that's what coaches are suppose to be for.

Props to him though, he rose up, and no matter what was ailing him, made it happen on the last drive of the game, no timeouts, no Steve Smith and got I it done.

What????

Its arguable that he has played better, staying within the pocket and beating teams with his arm

Archived