• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tenn. DUI checkpoint video

Hotsauce

I'm split on this. I think the kid was trying to be a know it all and exposed the idiot cops. He was within their rights and they we're not.

He should have just complied, but when he didn't the cops should have respected his rights and let him be. Given the length of the initial conversation the cop should have been able to smell alcohol on his breath if it was there.

I'd like to know what action was taken after this was recorded.

The larger, scarier issue is that many law enforcement officials either don't know or don't care about your rights. In most cases it's a case of ego overcoming judgment.

Kid was within his rights, and the police officers were not.

I have been asked on a couple of occasions for them to search my car.  I politely decline, and ask them what probable cause are they are going to tell the judge for a search warrant?

Kid was within his rights, and the police officers were not.

I have been asked on a couple of occasions for them to search my car. I politely decline, and ask them what probable cause are they are going to tell the judge for a search warrant?

I agree with you about searching a vehicle. But we are taking about rolling down your window and giving them your license and registration.

Kid was trying to be an ass...plain and simple.

I agree with you about searching a vehicle. But we are taking about rolling down your window and giving them your license and registration.

Kid was trying to be an ass...plain and simple.

He was being hard to get along with, but he wasn't rude or condescending, the PO were however.

It's not something that I would do, but he wasn't breaking any laws.

Personally, I would have sued for a paint job as you can clearly see the dog handler telling the dog to "hit" and they let the dog onto the hood scratching it.

Oh please do tell...

What is the point of this video?

That cops are the bad guys and drunk drivers are the good guys.  Also that cops should never  become frustrated while on the job because the rest of the public never acts like a jerk at their place of employment.

police intimidation and knowing your rights is important.

ok...

Since knowing your rights is important to you then maybe you should read this: http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/496/444/case.html

Its the SCOTUS ruling case law on these types of stops.

TLDR:  These types of stops and interrogations are legal and their intrusion into the the innocent motorists life is is weighed against the public good of reducing drunken driving.

Cops were right and the kid was a douche who harassed the cops and got inconvenienced in return.

ok...

Since knowing your rights is important to you then maybe you should read this: http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/496/444/case.html

TLDR: These types of stops and interrogations are legal and their intrusion into the the innocent motorists life is is weighed against the public good of reducing drunken driving.

Cops were right and the kid was a douche who harassed the cops and got inconvenienced in return.

lol can't tell if you're trolling. So you're okay with not knowing your rights? Go ahead, ignorance is bliss.

ok...

TLDR:  These types of stops and interrogations are legal and their intrusion into the the innocent motorists life is is weighed against the public good of reducing drunken driving.

No they weren't.

He was doing all that the law said he had to.  The PO go angry and took it too far.

The check points are "legal" but so is this guy's right to do exactly what he did.  Were I in the car, I would have brought legal action.

No they weren't.

He was doing all that the law said he had to.  The PO go angry and took it too far.

The check points are "legal" but so is this guy's right to do exactly what he did.  Were I in the car, I would have brought legal action.

And to me that's the ultimate litmus test for all of these videos.

You have irrefutable evidence of all of this "abuse of power" and "illegal detainment" yet no lawsuits...

If these "freedom fighters" with their video cameras had anything more that half cooked and ill informed accusations then someone would be pushing it in court and owning some local PD's budget for the next decade.

Archived