• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is there anybody out there that wants to keep Lafell?

Awesomeness!!

Theres a big difference in bringing him back for a million or two a year versus bringing him back for three or four times that, which some around here seem to think he will command on the open market.  I would keep him for a reasonable number just to maintain some continuity in the WR corp and in case whoever we draft doesn't come in and dominate right away or if we have an injury.  He would be a decent guy to have for some depth but there is no way I pay him anywhere near big money or really worry about him at all if he were to leave.  That's as strong a case for him as I can muster, which admittedly isn't that strong.

Cheaper, better alternatives will emerge. I'd imagine he'll get the same treatment that DG showed Cap'n and Dwan last year to start FA. LaFell will see his relatively low market value and could sign back for cheap to compete for a spot. Donald simply isn't worth breaking even a piggy bank for.

"Lafell is a good blocker."

The uselessness of a WR that can block but can't actually play WR falls somewhere in between a Safety who can't play the pass and a QB who can't throw but is an excellent holder on the uselessness scale. And it's closer to the latter.

If he's cheap, bring him back for a year, let him block and really see if he can produce consistently.  If he wants more money, good luck on the open market!  He is a very good blocker, but his boneheaded plays in the receiving portion of his game are the things that really make us all want to drop him off at a fire station with his mother's address pinned to his shirt...

Archived