• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free agent wish list

Blackmagic

I

Kenny Britt interests me as well. He'd come cheap and while he has off-field issues he could be a very high reward/low risk sort of signing.
I think he has lacked explosiveness since the knee injury. Not that excited about him. Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Some of the guys mentioned in this thread would be great.  I hope that either Maclin and/or Britt is on the team's radar.  Maclin has already alluded to the fact that the torn ACL may scare some teams off, so he is willing to do a one year (prove-it) deal, and Kenny Britt has to prove not only that his body is right, but his mind also. Britt would be a relatively low risk, great reward pick-up.

I don't see us getting Verner or Grimes in the backfield because I believe that they'll probably command more money. Plus, I don't think that their respective teams are going to be trying to let them go anywhere based on their play and cap room. 

Again, I think that we should give Fred Davis a serious look. He is still relatively young, and talented as well. He is kind of in the same situation as Britt.

Maclin, Britt or Davis would be a "tactical" strike, no doubt, but could make a prolific splash at a very good bargain.

I think you  are dead on. Also the other posters bringing up Cotchery(could be our Ricky Proehl 2) and other players like that. Maclin or Britt would be low risk/ high upside like Ginn/Dwan were. There is no way that we jump in with the big names unless we just luck out like we did with Tolbert and someone really wants to be here. It seems to be a good bet that whoever Gettleman brings in(no matter how the signing seems) will be able to contribute. His player evaluation on rookies and Free agents has been spot on. If Maclin will take a "let me prove it" contract for a year or 2 that would be awesome.

I want Aqib Talib.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

So you want Smitty to punch out another teammate then?

I would love to sign Boldin on a one year deal honestly.

I wanted him when he was an FA last time...

Would love Oher, Maclin, Decker, Cromartie... if we got any one of those I'd be stoked.

Do not want Britt, too much trouble.

I think Gettleman has made his philosophy clear, atleast when there is no cap room. Last year was DTs. This year, I think we draft multiple O-linemen in the draft. I expect he looks to patch other holes with 1 yr contracts. That said, I think Maclin makes total sense. A healthy Maclin is what Lafell only wishes he could be.

Gano, Gross, Ginn and Mitchell are no-brainers. I am ordering a Mitchell jersey the minute that he signs a multi-year deal.

Some of you mentioned Vontae Davis and Rogers-Cromartie. I would be elated if we signed either of those but those are probably a bit pricey. I think we actually bring back Florence and just let it ride with the CBs that we've had. Side note: Its about time to pull the plug on the Joshes. J.Thomas would have been cut last Sunday if I were the coach or GM. I was hopeful for Norman but at some point you've got to put-up or shut-up.

Would love Maclin....the ONLY way I will be happy with using our first 2 picks on OL in May will be with we bring in a free agent WR like Maclin or Britt....we could go OL/cb in the first and then again in the second, add a WR in the 3rd or 4th and I think we would be seriously upgraded.....it's rough right now being impatient, everyone wants the sexy picks but our oline held us back big time this year, I truly believe that yet we still went 12-4 which is a testament to cam. As much as I want to draft a kelvin Benjamin or mike Evans I know how important the Oline is and how big a difference it can make....we just all have to be patient and let gman work....good results will come for the long term not just the here and now

After watching GMs press conference I think Getleman answered some questions for us, although not directly:

Expect more of the same for this year as far as contracts, Gman will be signing many one year low salary deals, Hardy will sign at a discount or be let go, highly unlikely we use any franchise tags ( Gman made the comment has hasn't ever used one?).

Most of the names being thrown out here aren't going to happen they will want 2M+, from the business side of things it can't happen. But they would feel the needs well without question.

He also said something about not have 21 free agents every year.  Maybe the 1 year deals will be used to get us out of cap hell but I think he is going to set us up much better in the long run.

Archived