• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free agent wish list

Blackmagic

We'll have cap space, but we know that Gettleman will want to use as little as possible to get us out cap hell over 2 years.

But the team will have 21 free agents, and there will be a lot of holes in the roster to be filled.

Profootballfocus show all free agents in the NFL: 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/07/2014-pff-free-agency-tracker/

Which free agents do you want on the team?

My number 1 is Michael Bennett. He'll be a lot cheaper than Hardy, but I think that he's better.

If we could sign him for 2 years and 15 million, we will be a lot better of than giving Hardy a big money contract.

WR--Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt

Slot WR--Mario Manningham or Emmanuel Sanders

Offensive tackle--Anthony Collins or Roger Saffold, though Brandon Albert would be my ideal FA signing overall.

I think any combo of those three positions would do wonders as far as filling some of the current roster holes. The draft could be used to address DE, CB, S, OG, and another TE or WR.

Receivers-

Hakeem Nicks (only on incentives based deal)

Eric Decker (experienced go to guy for cam)

Tiquan Underwood (tall deep threat we need, but bucs wil prolly resign)

James Jones reliable catcher

Golden Tate like what he does for Seattle

Cbs-

Sam Shields

Aqib Talib

Alterran Verner

Dominic Rogers Cromartie

Id ike us to go heavy offense in the draft first four rounds double dipping on the Oline and Receiver, maybe go RT WR WR LT or go guard and a RT.

And sign two vet free agent CBs like shields and talib, even with hardys loss those and the front seven would be formidable, and a fee agent CB will be considerably cheaper than a WR like Nicks or Decker

We don't have space...gentlemen essentially said as much today. I wouldn't look for us to sign anyone that is high priced this offseason. This is going to be another "build through the draft" year where hopefully the only power player we lose is Hardy (not a wish just seems to be the direction we head if his agent is trying to cash in).

Franchise Hardy

WR - Hakeem Nicks - 3 year deal

WR - Ted Ginn - 2 years

S - Quintin Mikell - 1 year

S - Mitchell - 3 years

K - Gano - 3 years

Draft:

1st: CB or OT

2nd: OT or CB

3rd OG

4th WR

5th TE

6th S

7th OLB or DE

7th Oline or CB,

After watching GMs press conference I think Getleman answered some questions for us, although not directly:

Expect more of the same for this year as far as contracts, Gman will be signing many one year low salary deals, Hardy will sign at a discount or be let go, highly unlikely we use any franchise tags ( Gman made the comment has hasn't ever used one?).

Most of the names being thrown out here aren't going to happen they will want 2M+, from the business side of things it can't happen. But they would feel the needs well without question.

Archived