• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would we have won yesterday?

charlottenian

I think we would have lost by 20. Our offense in no way compares to San Francisco, they have elite receivers and Gore is a beast. Yet, the only offense they generated was on huge runs by Kaeperick because the running lanes were open because the Seahawks had to worry about every single receiver on the field. Defensively, we wouldn't have done worse than the 49ers, that's for sure.

San Francisco scored more points yesterday than we have scored in our last two games combined against Seattle (and both were in our stadium).  So its highly unlikely we would have done as well as sf.  We have to get better at some positions on offense before we can beat a team like Seattle, especially on their home turf. 

I sincerely think we could have and would have won.  I believe it is tough to beat a good team twice in the same year and just as San Fran beat us here after we beat them there, I believe the same thing would have happened in Seattle with us, with us being so much better at the end of the year than the opener (Beason was a starter (who played a bad game) and Godfrey was our leading tackler for goodness sakes).  I also believe it is Peyton Manning's year to get his second Lombardi, so I'm not gonna play the "what if" game.  I am comforted in knowing that we will get either a TE/WR that Seattle/NE want, CB that San Fran wants, or OL that Denver wants next May, while Peyton cements his legacy as the best ever (until Cam is in 15 years).

Archived