• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fantastic Four remake in the works

Dpantherman

Miles Teller, Kit Harrington and Kate Mara among those testing

Sources tell Variety that Simon Kinberg has finished rewriting the script and that the studio plans to begin testing thesps for the roles of Reed Richards (aka Mister Fantastic) and Sue Storm (aka the Invisible Woman) by the end of the month.

Teller was asked Tuesday in an interview at Sundance if he would be playing Richards. He replied that, “Yeah that should be happening in the next few weeks,” making it seem like the actor was already on board. But sources say the actor was misunderstood and that he is testing but isn’t the frontrunner or officially attached. Other actors expected to test for the part include “Game of Thrones’” Kit Harington and Richard Madden.

Kate Mara and Saoirse Ronan are expected to test for Sue Storm. Michael B. Jordan is attached to play Johnny Storm, but he is expected to test with the actors to see which group has the best chemistry.

Josh Trank is on board to direct the pic with Kinberg, Matthew Vaughn and Gregory Goodman serving as producers.

“The Fantastic Four” is slated to bow June 19, 2015.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/fantastic-four-script-in-actors-to-test-by-end-of-month-1201066108/

I love  Saorise Ronan and Emile Clarke but if Michael B. Jordan is a lock to play Human Torch then Sue Storm needs to be a black actress as well.

Anyways, I have faith in Josh Trank because Chronicle was really good and he's taken his sweet old time developing this movie. Since all of the actors are young it looks like they're going the Ultimate FF route which I'm in favor of because I think Ultimate FF is a really fun comic series. i forsee the movie bombing though due to a lack of stars, no big name director, the previous movies sucking, and FF not being as big of a deal as it used to be.

sigh

growing weary of super hero movies.

They need to reboot the Batman movies. It's been almost 9 years since the first movie in the series was made. They need to do it again, with better special effects, a younger actor, and make it darker and not so cartoonish this time around.

Sometimes the reboot is a necessity.. See "The Amazing Spiderman', the SamRaimi trilogy was doodoo after the 1st installment. I really liked the new version, ready for the 2nd in this series...

Reboots are stupid, anybody that is going to see these movies have seen the others...pick up and move on with the story.

Archived