• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A sticky SALESman thread

Hotsauce

This has happened to me a few times. I had a big adhesives deal with Kimberly-Clark that would have been millions of pounds a year and the CEO changed my commission rate because I would have been making more than him. The deal fell through but the precedent was set. fug them.

Just found out I'm getting the full commission.  Holy poo this is going to be a good year.  Hookers and blow 24/7 from here on out!

Trust us, we don't like you either.

Most folks don't like "salespeople", but everyone is a salesperson, some are just good enough at it to get paid for it.

I'm not.  I work in operations.  Most of my dealings with sales people have been when they have oversold a product and then trying to get us to make it work which it cant.  Not knowing how the product works or not caring as long as they get their commission.  Just to give you a little idea of product.  Aircraft capability and range.

I'm not.  I work in operations.  Most of my dealings with sales people have been when they have oversold a product and then trying to get us to make it work which it cant.  Not knowing how the product works or not caring as long as they get their commission.  Just to give you a little idea of product.  Aircraft capability and range.

The salespeople that you have had dealings with are the bottom of the barrel salespeople.  The good ones are good, take care of the customer, and make a lot of money.  The one's that you described are not the "good ones".

Sounds more like an engineering problem. engineers say it will do x. salesman sells it to do x. it cant do x. engineers are made of teflon. salesman takes it on the chin.

In some case I was the "engineer" told them it couldn't be done and sold it anyway.  Running into the engineer problem with my new company now.  They tell sales what they think the plane can do and don't know all the operational facts.  Service is announced and management is confused why the plane wont make it.   Other issue is selling the product to the max limit and that is where accounting screws things up.  they want the smallest (cheapest) way and usually at the max limit. 

Sales sells, engineers plan, accounts count and operations fixes it all with the less pay. ;)

With that I will leave this thread alone. 

The salespeople that you have had dealings with are the bottom of the barrel salespeople.  The good ones are good, take care of the customer, and make a lot of money.  The one's that you described are not the "good ones".

reason we called them bottom feeders.  If you ever want a challenge try working in a airline sales department. 

Have I told you how much I hate sales people. Only people I hate more is accountants.

Yet everything you have ever purchased has been sold by a sales person at some point in the supply chain. Salespeople are vital to the universe. Even the chocolate wonder fall at Golden Coral was sold to the decision makers at Golden Coral.

Archived