• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's gone snow.

Darth Biscuit

Guest Dark Knight

I love all these idiots living in Asheville driving around in their Toyota Prius with Florida tags. It's been snowing hard all day and is suppose to keep coming down through Wednesday.

At $20 a pop I'll make a good bit of cash pulling the morons out of ditches with my truck.

Latest snow and ice predictions from Panovich.

Have Charlotte Getting 5-7 inches of Snow and roughly .15 inches of Ice. 

Still has large portions of SC and Eastern NC getting .75 to over an inch of ice. Along with about 2-3 inches of Snow in those areas. 

He's got Lancaster getting 3-6 inches of snow and close to 3 quarters of ice accumulation. 

I love all these idiots living in Asheville driving around in their Toyota Prius with Florida tags. It's been snowing hard all day and is suppose to keep coming down through Wednesday.

At $20 a pop I'll make a good bit of cash pulling the morons out of ditches with my truck.

Awfully noble of you. 

Guest Dark Knight

Awfully noble of you.

Or I could let them sit in the ditch for hours & wait for help.

Unless you're suggesting I stop every 1/4 mile & donate my gas & time to rescue idiots.

That's not bad for them, considering they'll save hundreds more than you on gas over the year lol.

Guest Dark Knight

That's not bad for them, considering they'll save hundreds more than you on gas over the year lol.

Not even close, bro.

I bought my diesel truck in '06 for $28,000, it was an '03 Dodge Cummins with 50k miles on it. I then spent $1,500 to convert it to bio-fuel with a 30-gallon bed mounted fuel cell. I've spent just under $500 since '06 maintaining the fuel system. My truck runs off vegetable oil and/or french fry grease, which I have always gotten for free at fast food restaurants. I've put 150,000 miles on my truck.

150,000 miles @ $30k total investment.

Toyota Prius:

$25,000 base price @ 50mpg

At 150,000 miles, assuming they bought the cheapest base model & only paid $3/gallon, they have a total investment of $34,000.

150,000 miles @ $34,000 total investment

diesel truck: 20¢ per mile

Toyota Prius: 24¢ per mile

Not to mention that with 150,000 miles their Prius is now 100,000 miles max away from being completely shot & needing replacing. And they've probably spent an extra $5,000-8,000 on the car/fuel over what I accounted for & will continue to pay for gas.

My truck is at 200,000 & will easily go another 200,000-300,000 miles. And it is paid for and runs off a free fuel source.

Doesn't matter, you're one of probably 5 people there that have done that, not everyone wants to deal with that and gathering the fuel,  Prius is the second best option for them.  Just because they don't want to join the "annoying drivers" club (which is people that drive SUVs and big trucks to over-compensate and are the worst drivers on the road) shouldn't mean they are dumb or anything.   Your truck is doing more harm to the roads than the Prius, therefore, you are also costing everyone else more money! lol.

Guest Dark Knight

I'm a contractor & own a company. I need a 3/4 ton truck to haul my machinery & equipment. How is that overcompensating?

It doesn't take any longer to pull into the McDonald's parking lot & dump grease in my tank than it takes to stop at a gas station & fill up.

You forgot to mention that the Toyota plants the Prius is built in produces more pollution than any other automobile manufacturer, & almost any factory period.

So no, it's not doing much more harm.

Archived