• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roger Goodell's 2013 Salary

Darth Biscuit

I'm sure all the posters complaining about his income are more worthy of his salary. How do you figure we should divvy that pie?

How come we never hear this line of reasoning when discussing how much Hollywood stars make?

I don't have a problem with executive compensation in general, but he's way overpaid considering how little work/skill it would take to run the NFL. He took a very profitable product and has basically just stayed the course. The NFL isn't really regulated by the government, has no real competition, no overseas operations, and probably has <1500 employees. Now compare that to running Apple, JP Morgan, or BP for example. But I think $5-7M is plenty fair for Goodell.

Yes, because only millionaires think its ok for people to be paid large amounts of money.

I mean, the guy is the head of a major enterprise. Did everyone think he was working on the cheap?

He helped the owners take a substantial amount of revenue from the players in the new CBA, I'm not at all surprised by the reward.

Guest Dark Knight

I bet 90% of the people whining about Goodell's salary are posting from an iPhone.

NFL CEO Roger Goodell: $850,000 per week

NFL practice squad player: $6,000 per week

Apple CEO Tim Cook: $7,270,000 per week

Apple factory worker: $67 per week

Archived