• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Trade Deadline Thread

Proudiddy

Indiana is built to beat them and Miami. Look for George to step his game up in the post season, he's angry at Miami for eliminating them the last two years.

There's people in NBA circles that think George is the best two way player in the NBA, yes over Lebron and Durant.

Im sorry but you are sadly, sadly mistaken to think he is better two way player than LeBron James. That's blasphemy.

Im sorry but you are sadly, sadly mistaken to think he is better two way player than LeBron James. That's blasphemy.

It's not me that said it. lol

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/10469944/the-grand-unified-theory-paul-george-espn-magazine

It's a feature story in ESPN the magazine and was a cover story on ESPN all day yesterday.

Headline of the story is this.

If Pippen's PER + Duncan's DWS + James' net rating = Paul George, then how many seasons until he becomes the NBA's best two-way player? (Trick question: He already is.)

Other highlights of the story feature these paragraphs. 

Let's start on offense, where this season George's usage rate of 28.2 has conspicuously climbed to 12th highest in the league, while his PER has risen to 27th overall (20.4). He has scored more points than ever (22.2 a game, 11th highest in the NBA), more efficiently than ever (true shooting percentage: 56.3 percent, up from 53.1 percent last year), while turning the ball over less than ever (12.4 times per 100 plays, better than James and Durant). He ranks second in scoring off screens (1.11 ppp); 11th 
in isolation (0.95); ninth in catch-and-shoot (1.27); and sixth in spot-up possessions (1.29). "Honestly," Zormelo says, "Paul scares me," noting that George's 0.99 overall ppp this season mirrors that of the 23-year-old James (1.00) and the 23-year-old Durant (1.06).

But all of this constitutes just half of George's professional life. Consider the other side of the court, where this year's Pacers allow a Scroogeian 96.2 points per 100 possessions, not only the best mark in a decidedly offense-centric league -- the second-place Bulls clock in at 100.7 -- but the lowest in a decade. Since 1978, per NBA.com, precisely zero other defenses have outperformed the NBA average (currently 103.2) by as large a margin as Indiana has this season (minus-9.6).

and this 

Of course, somebodies like Paul aren't falling off trees -- or all teams would have one. Consider that George has rated first overall in Defensive Win Shares for two straight seasons while ranking in the top 10 in steals per game for three. Meanwhile, among those who play at least 30 minutes a game, he ranks second in opponent field goal percentage at the rim, barely behind Hibbert. "I don't know if I've ever seen anyone Paul's size defend like he does," says Bird, a man hardly prone to hyperbole. "It's unbelievable."

Shaw sees Bird's disbelief and raises it into blasphemy, christening George the NBA's best two-way player, ahead of James, for a simple reason: "LeBron doesn't always guard the other team's best player." Defense, George notes, used to be the "only way I could get on the floor," and he never shook that survivalist desperation, patrolling both ends as if he's paid on commission, by the step. Simply put, he demands the hardest assignment, on behalf of arguably the most unforgiving defense ever, for most every minute he's on the floor.

"He's got Pippen's body and Iverson's instincts in terms of using his hands to disrupt," Vogel says. "If Paul didn't score a point -- a point -- he'd still be a top-15 player in the game."

Thank you! Lol fans want to see us get swept rather than go for a good pick. Smfh

Jesus Christ will quit with this junk. I understand early in the season but we have a chance to play Toronto in the playoffs, who we've swept and would make a huge impact to this team and fanbase if we won that series.

Just stop. We aren't keeping our pick this year. It's gone. We will get detroits pick and portlands. So just stop. I seriously don't wanna come here 2 days before the playoff start and see u whining about this poo anymore.

Get on board or GTFO

Also wanted to put this out there in case McRoberts doesn't opt out of his contract at the end of the season. He can't be traded really, he can block any trade that features him. So the only way he's not here next season for the full season is if he opts out or he approves a trade to say a championship caliber team. 

I never understood the whole tank mentality. Players are playing for their jobs. Do you really seriously think they would play bad intentionally just to get a "good' pick who might even be replacing them? Tanking is a loser mentality. Building a winner takes time and the Bobcats are moving in the right direction. No need to tank. Get in the playoffs where players can get playoff experience and where anything can happen.

Reading on a Philly forum and on hoopshype that Philly who is in full tank mode will probably buy out Granger instead of playing him. They don't want him to help add any wins.

Hoopshype mentioned Miami having an open roster spot and may look at him. Indiana just got better with Turner, and Miami could get better with Granger. The first round is gonna be ugly.

If the price is right I would like to see us get him.

I never understood the whole tank mentality. Players are playing for their jobs. Do you really seriously think they would play bad intentionally just to get a "good' pick who might even be replacing them? Tanking is a loser mentality. Building a winner takes time and the Bobcats are moving in the right direction. No need to tank. Get in the playoffs where players can get playoff experience and where anything can happen.

Players don't tank on purpose. There are other ways to tank. Like playing Mullens, MKG, and Biz a ton last year. You know you are not gonna be scoring powerhouse and Mullens was a liability on D. The rotations a coach is forced into or GM trading away assets for expiring contracts. You can't blatantly lose games but you can lose games easily.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Players don't tank on purpose. There are other ways to tank. Like playing Mullens, MKG, and Biz a ton last year. You know you are not gonna be scoring powerhouse and Mullens was a liability on D. The rotations a coach is forced into or GM trading away assets for expiring contracts. You can't blatantly lose games but you can lose games easily.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You know, like Philly's about to do with Mullens likely getting big minutes. lol 

Archived