• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Trade Deadline Thread

Proudiddy

I wouldn't send the Portland pick or a second rounder in 2929. The only way I would take Gasol and his contract is he was packaged with their 2014 first round pick.

I still don't get what so bad about his contract. 

I actually thought he was under contract for next season.  

But he is actually a UFA next year.  Which makes him a whooping 19 million dollar expiring.  

So, now, I don't think he gets moved.  LA would only do it for an asset, but his expiring is more value to them.

I still don't get what so bad about his contract.

I actually thought he was under contract for next season.

But he is actually a UFA next year. Which makes him a whooping 19 million dollar expiring.

So, now, I don't think he gets moved. LA would only do it for an asset, but his expiring is more value to them.

He's worth a lot more to a team looking to shed future payroll but not much else past that. He's not worth a first or a pick at all to a playoff team IMO. He just doesn't have anything left.

Guest Dark Knight

Kemba Walker

Clay Thompson

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Al Jefferson

Pau Gasol

Josh McRoberts

Bismack Biyombo

Ramon Sessions

Anthony Tolliver

Cody Zeller

Instantly the 3rd best team in the east. Don't they could upset Indy or Miami but they'd be very competitive.

Kemba Walker

Clay Thompson

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Al Jefferson

Pau Gasol

Josh McRoberts

Bismack Biyombo

Ramon Sessions

Anthony Tolliver

Cody Zeller

Instantly the 3rd best team in the east. Don't they could upset Indy or Miami but they'd be very competitive.

Maybe.  But for how long?  The rest of this year?  And does that team have enough time to move into the 6th seed, because if they don't what's the point in making moves for a team that won't beat Indiana or Miami?  You've already got one of those. 

Archived