• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on Martavis Bryant?

332nd

Due to a massive lull in work, I've been playing around with a lot of the draft games & his name has started to pop up as a good pick for mid to late 3rd round. I'm in MO so its all SEC all the time & know very little about him.

Just wondering what Clemson/ACC fans thought about him.

This is from Walter, so not so sure how factual it will turn out, but if close, you would be correct

Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson:
Forty times of the receivers are always something to watch and I'm told the wide out who could surprise everyone is Martavis Bryant of Clemson. Bryant, who goes an unofficial 6-feet, 5-inches, is expected to run in the low 4.3's and could even breach the high 4.2's.

Big Clemson fan here and the guy is a project.  Great, great speed and height.  Needs to put on some weight to fill out his frame.  Has a lot of mental lapses.  For every big, great play he'd make he'd drop 1 and disappear for a 1/3 of the game.  

Poor man's Stephen Hill is a good comparison.  

Do not want. Stephen Hill clone.

no not really. He is a great talent but needs a fire lit under him. When it is lit he can light it up. Good speed good hands. Wouldn't want him as a #1 because of concentration issues, he tends to get lost for games at a time.having said that he would benefit greatly spending time with a coach like Proehl. I say he would be worth a look in 4th or later.

Another guy you might want to watch is a small school guy named Jeff Janis.  Saginaw Valley State I think.  Pretty fast kid and also fairly tall.

Absolutely I think he will be a good player. my sleeper in the draft. Another late round WR to watch is Jeremy Gallon.

I would not begrudge picking either of these or Bryant.

The only issue with Gallon is his size but he is a playmaker.

Big Clemson fan here and the guy is a project.  Great, great speed and height.  Needs to put on some weight to fill out his frame.  Has a lot of mental lapses.  For every big, great play he'd make he'd drop 1 and disappear for a 1/3 of the game.  

Poor man's Stephen Hill is a good comparison.  

I think he is better than Hill. I never saw Hill make the kind of catches Bryant has when he was "on".

Archived