• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL considering 15yd penalty for use of "N Word" in games

MichaelNewtonII

I think that this is probably as a result of some players using towards officials, probably black officials, and thinking that it's okay.  It's offensive, and I know a lot of people who don't use it, this is a welcome sign.  There is no place for any slurs anywhere in public, so I'm on board with the rule, but it will be worthless unless it encompasses all of the slurs.  Profanity should be okay, but slurs should rightfully be banned.

I know there are some ignorant clowns that think "all of ya'll say it" and will always point to some kids who they heard saying it.  Well, if all of us use it "all of ya'll say it at home" so it has no place in society.  It is becoming more acceptable for people to use this word, especially kids.  It's probably the most used word of all time online and on xbox.  Change needs to start somewhere, and if it's here then so be it.   

I highly doubt players use it towards officials LOL...Maybe retard, blind man, asshole, idiot maybe. but not "nigguh or niggr"  have been used often i would put my money on that. 

I highly doubt players use it towards officials LOL...Maybe retard, blind man, asshole, idiot maybe. but not "nigguh or niggr"  have been used often i would put my money on that. 

I'm not talking about in the "offensive" manner, I'm talking about in the casual manner that many people feel free to use especially when heated.  I've already read about black officials stating that the word has been used towards them. 

It's way too casual, and sets a bad example.  If I go to the gym to play pickup ball, I'll get called the n-word 10 times before being called my name once, and when I correct people or asked to be referred to by my name I'm always given a crazy look like I just violated some code. 

It's out of hand.  Especially in this day in age, there's a complete lack of respect.  Most of the players are very young, and their behavior and language can be attributed to their environment and upbringing, but at some point on a national scale the wrongness of actions must be pointed out. 

I think it's a good thing personally. It never should have been commonplace to say it anyway. They are grown ass men playing a child's game. They could at least behave a little professionally and not say nigga.

It would be hard to enforce though. I hope a ref wouldn't throw a flag just by overhearing a conversation. It would have to be during a fight on the field or something.

I'm not sure a child invented the game though. Grown man invented it to play with other grown man, as far as my historical knowledge goes.

They really should ban all racial slurs if they're going to ban the n word. Not saying that I think cracker or honkey is anywhere remotely as bad, but there are other ones that are nearly as bad as the n word. Of course, since most NFL players are either black or white, a ban on all racial slurs would in effect be a ban on the n word, its just dumb to call it a ban only on the n word.

Archived