• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jordan Gross statue?

charlottenian

Smith should not get a statue. I don't think a Panther who punches a teammate in the face should get a statue as if they symbolize the ideal Panther.

Thomas Davis or no one.

You can summarise 12 years of Smitty with this single story?

In each men you have the good and the bad, you can keep the bad, 0.01% of Smitty i will remember the good side, 99,99% of Smitty.

Yes, ring of honor and statue... the ring of honor is about much more than what you did on the field... it's reserved for people who are examples of what a Carolina Panther should be and Gross is a fine example. 

I think Delhomme and Kasay should be inducted as well. Kasay for obvious reasons and Delhomme for the fact that he's an example of overcoming the odds. You could point to the statue of Delhomme and tell our UDFA's that if he could do it, so can you... he's an example of perseverance for all to follow. 

Go around the league and look at what statues teams have decided to erect.

Dan Marino, Art Rooney, Johnny Unitas, Jack Murphy, Lombardi etc.

Legends and obvious hall of famers.

Walter Peyton can't even get a statue.

Smitty isn't there yet

So does Sam Mills qualify according to this standard? 

You can summarise 12 years of Smitty with this single story?

In each men you have the good and the bad, you can keep the bad, 0.01% of Smitty i will remember the good side, 99,99% of Smitty.

I think Smitty should be honored because he's an example of how someone can overcome their daemons and become a leader.

You can't be an example to others of overcoming daemons if you don't have them... he's proof that it's never too late to change. 

I can only shake my head when people ask why Sam Mills has a staue.

Not sure if this was in response to my question, but it was a rhetorical question... I do believe Sam deserves a statue, I was posing the question as a means of pointing out that it's about more than just your HOF credentials, etc... its about what you meant to the Carolina Panthers

Not sure if this was in response to my question, but it was a rhetorical question... I do believe Sam deserves a statue, I was posing the question as a means of pointing out that it's about more than just your HOF credentials, etc... its about what you meant to the Carolina Panthers

It wasn't your comment.  Your comment just got me thinking about a question I've seen come up more than once.  "What did Sam Mills ever do for the Panthers to deserve a statue?"

Archived