• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther's Cap at $19-$21M not $29M

PantherFeez

I don't buy that one bit. If we were conceding that we will suck this year, we would be letting Hardy walk.

Gettleman doesn't strike me as the type to just skip a year because things look tough.

Actually tagging hardy was a sign they are willing to throw the season. If we were to be competitive this season we would have to let hardy walk or if you believe in the tag and trade deal then that. With the tag in place we have 0 money to devote to FA and DG knew this the whole time.

Actually tagging hardy was a sign they are willing to throw the season. If we were to be competitive this season we would have to let hardy walk or if you believe in the tag and trade deal then that. With the tag in place we have 0 money to devote to FA and DG knew this the whole time.

I don't really follow your logic that letting half of our pass rush walk was somehow going to be an improvement. Hardy, or no Hardy, we were not going to be big spenders in FA. Cheap deals were going to be in the cards regardless.

Yes because it's been proven high $ free agents are the way to build a champion...

that is not how we used them this past season so I don't see that as the "formula" we are using. I thought the formula we did use worked fairly well.

I don't really follow your logic that letting half of our pass rush walk was somehow going to be an improvement. Hardy, or no Hardy, we were not going to be big spenders in FA. Cheap deals were going to be in the cards regardless.

We would have lost pass rush but had enough money to improve the whole team. Right now hardy and Johnson account for 40% of our cap.

We would have lost pass rush but had enough money to improve the whole team. Right now hardy and Johnson account for 40% of our cap.

Cap is likely to be 135M...Hardy and CJ account for 30M (13 Hardy and 16 CJ).  Therefore, Hardy and Johnson account for 22% of our Cap (about half of what you math tells you).

Yes because it's been proven high $ free agents are the way to build a champion...

We would have never be able to afford high priced FAs but now we can't even afford guys that would have come at a valued price.

Cap is likely to be 135M...Hardy and CJ account for 30M (13 Hardy and 16 CJ). Therefore, Hardy and Johnson account for 22% of our Cap (about half of what you math tells you).

22% is still a large sum. What other team devotes that much Cap to two players?

Well, it's better than two aging running backs. Our D is going to have to step again this year. We need that pass rush.

Its true we need Pass Rush but does it matter if no one else can cover the WRs and our offense cant keep our QB upright? We need a lot more things than just Pass Rush.

Its true we need Pass Rush but does it matter if no one else can cover the WRs and our offense cant keep our QB upright? We need a lot more things than just Pass Rush.

We knew Gross was about done last year, OL was going to be a big need no matter what.

The offense wasn't going to be completely fixed on offseason, not with our salary cap.

We knew Gross was about done last year, OL was going to be a big need no matter what.

The offense wasn't going to be completely fixed on offseason, not with our salary cap.

No one knew Gross was going to retire till he did. Also that still does not fix even our defence. I could understand hardy if we had better CBs and S but we don't. We have a bunch of jags.

defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense

Sorry that's a little pet peeve of mine.  Especially since there's a red squiggly line telling you its spelled wrong.  :)  Continue on with conversation.

Archived