• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Free Agent News

Mr. Scot

Imagine if Barkley declared in '12. He would have been the 3rd overall pick likely and be making 20 million dollars. Instead he went in the 4th round in 2013 and is making 400k. Not bad, but still. He left 19.5 million on the table by staying in school. Ironic.

Imagine if Barkley declared in '12. He would have been the 3rd overall pick likely and be making 20 million dollars. Instead he went in the 4th round in 2013 and is making 400k. Not bad, but still. He left 19.5 million on the table by staying in school. Ironic.

Similar situation will happen with Tajh Boyd of Clemson

I think Barkley would be a great pickup for KC to back up and learn the WCO behind Smith.

I agree.  That might actually be a team and system where he could be successful....even if it is just being a back-up.  Which is a pretty darn good gig if you can get it.

DE Alex Carrington to the Rams

LB Arthur Moats to the Stealers (famous for being the one to end Brett Favre's career).

Non Free Agent News: RIP Bills owner Ralph Wilson

Meanwhile, Jim Kelly is being treated for 'aggressive' cancer (apparently not looking good).

Old time Bills fans may be losing two icons in short order :(

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

LA Times Article

A WWII who saw his fair share of history from the front seat and a man who was part of the fools club who bought an AFL team for $25k and is now worth over $700mm.  The Bills future in Buffalo will be in jeopardy, as the plan is to sell the team.

Sad day for the the Bills but we are a great family - we are built to be tough.

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider13h

Tiquan Underwood Panthers deal: two years, $2.1 million, $300,000 bonus, salaries $750,000, $1 million, up to $200,000 incentives annually

This year's base is 750k with a 150k signing bonus and 25k workout bonus.

Also, I'm not sure of their source, but overthecap also has numbers on Joe Webb: 1 year, 730k base, 65k signing bonus. This assumed deal is identical to Cason's, and likewise qualifies for the veteran minimum salary benefit which reduces the cap hit by 160k for a hit of 635k each.

So these three guys have a total cap hit of 2.195m. Then consider that they each bump a player making the rookie minimum (495k) from the top 51 salaries. Leaving the net cap hit of the three signings as follows:

2.195m - (495k * 3) = 710k total cap hit

Good stuff

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived