• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ginn to Arizona, 3 yr deal

SgtJoo

It's not just that though. We're losing every receiver + losing out on the few free agents we're targeting + we're losing every offensive lineman worth a damn except Kalil. Every single position on offense has to be rebuilt this offseason except QB, the backfield, Kalil, and Olsen.

we lost a few of #2-4 level receivers who are going to be paid more than they are worth

we lost out on one FA we were targeting

we lost one OT to retirement

we lost a good run stopping safety who got burned more than once to a contract 2x what he's worth

we lost a lilliputian DB who found new life in the slot, but has been average

again, who did we lose who was a core player?  Smith and Gross are on their way down the mountain.  They have been here for a long time and we have an emotional attachment to them, but they are not core players.  Don't try to claim that we've lost our entire roster.  I wish Smitty, Gross and Ginn had stayed, but they didn't.  We'll replace them.

Also again, the season is just two days old.  This is the time when teams reach and generally pay too much.  We will get solid guys for the right price once the frenzy dies down in a week or so.

you say that like you are apart of the plan! Lol you don't know poo none of us do. What are you psychic?

So you believe this team's plan was to sign Nicks and problem solved? We've signed literally nobody and have lost more players than I can count

All year long: "Our WR corps sucks!" "WR is our biggest need!" "We'd better double dip on WR in the draft!"

Gettleman lets our WRs go: "Worst off season ever!" "I want Hurney back!" "Gettleman sucks!"

FA is just a couple of days old and the draft is still over a month away. pull your panties back up and grow a pair.

It's not the WR unit that is causing the issue, MG.

Dude has completely nuked our team in less than a month.  WE FINALLY had a successful season and he blew the whole thing up.  It didn't need to be gutted and rebuilt, it needed to be added on...  Our OL is poo.  Our WR corps is even more poo than it has been in a long time - we struggled to for years to find a #2 after Moose went to Chicago.  Now, we released everyone who had caught a pass last year - No #1 (Smitty), no #2 (LaFail), no #3 (Ginn) no #4 (Hixon) NOTHING.  Our secondary wasn't great and we just let our best defensive back sign elsewhere, and everyone wrote it off like what he did was an aberration.  The Steelers know what they're doing, they don't hand out 25 mil to bums.  He's going to go in there and do the exact same thing he did here, if not more.  Oh, and now we just let the best returner we've had since Michael Bates walk out the door without an offer.  And not only was he a returner, he was a productive and valuable weapon on offense that finally found his niche and blew the top off of defenses...

Add all of that up, and our team is not a team...  We have been gutted.  My point is, there is no way we are going to replace that production with what's out there and by drafting rookies to do it.

Find me a WR who can play his position AND return punts and kickoffs like Ginn that's out there right now that we can replace him with...  No one.  Good luck hitting on a rookie that does it.

Find me a safety that is comparable to Mitchell athletically and in terms of football skills that is out on the market now...  I don't see it.  He was a unique find that fell in our laps and we should've done what it took to keep him.

Find me 3, possibly 4 OL...  At least 2 starters, possibly 3. 

Find me a WR out there with Smitty's abilities (even diminished), who you know is gonna fight like a dog and does what it takes to win...  I don't see it.  Emannuel Sanders has potential, but he's likely very expensive and out of our price range.  We're already down to the second tier of talent at every position.  We are not replacing what we lost.  PERIOD.

Gettleman sat on his hands and he fuged up.  Plain and simple.

we lost a few of #2-4 level receivers who are going to be paid more than they are worth

we lost out on one FA we were targeting

we lost one OT to retirement

we lost a good run stopping safety who got burned more than once to a contract 2x what he's worth

we lost a lilliputian DB who found new life in the slot, but has been average

again, who did we lose who was a core player?  Smith and Gross are on their way down the mountain.  They have been here for a long time and we have an emotional attachment to them, but they are not core players.  Don't try to claim that we've lost our entire roster.  I wish Smitty, Gross and Ginn had stayed, but they didn't.  We'll replace them.

Also again, the season is just two days old.  This is the time when teams reach and generally pay too much.  We will get solid guys for the right price once the frenzy dies down in a week or so.

There's something to be said about team chemistry though. When you currently have no secondary, no receivers, no offensive line....you better hope Cam and Kuechly gel with this flood of flea market free agents we're going to sign pretty quickly. You better hope TD's knee holds up again. You better hope Kraken doesn't sit on his laurels with the tag and his newfound notoriety. You better hope we get another first-rounder in the mold of Cam and Luke and Star at #28. Lots of ifs, not much certainty.

lolz...we lose a bunch of B/C level FAs to padded contracts and everyone freaks.  how many of these guys will be cut in 1-2yrs as cap casualties because they got overpaid?  Mitchell, Ginn, Hixon, Munnerlyn will all be on the street or with a different team in 2 years, you can bet on that.

edit: you can go ahead add Smitty and Beason to that list.

So you believe this team's plan was to sign Nicks and problem solved? We've signed literally nobody and have lost more players than I can count

Why do you want to overpay for a name on the back of a jersey when we can wait, like we did last year, and sign a player just as good but at the fraction of the price?

So all of you would've rather overpaid Ginn? What it would've taken to resign Ginn would not have been worth it for how valuable he is.  It's the NFL, there's about 1,000 guys that can catch a punt or run fast.  He had a decent year for us yes, but he's limited in what he can do and not worth the money. 

Gettleman said it's a priority to get Cam more weapons.  He wants to get a group of younger guys that can be here long-term and grow with Cam and develop.  You really think re-signing Ted Ginn would be the answer?

Wait till the draft and free agency pans out further before we call next year a disaster.  Were we not 12-4 last year, with Gettleman bargain shopping?  You build through the draft!!!! 

My prediction is we sign Sidney Rice because he'll probably be cheaper or maybe Nicks or James Jones if the money works out.  Then we sign a second tier FA reciever, maybe resign Lafell or sign a guy like Lance Moore, Jason Avant, or Miles Austin.

Then we draft a WR early let's just say Brandon Cooks. So then your looking at a receiving depth chart of...

1. Sidney Rice/Hakeem Nicks/James Jones

2. Brandon Cooks

3. Lafell, Moore, Austin, Avant

4. McNutt

I would take that any day over

1. 35 year old Steve Smith

2. Brandon Lafell

3. Tedd Ginn

4. McNutt

It probably won't happen exactly like that but my point is there is still plenty of time to improve the WRs to the point they are better than last year, because in all honesty our WRs last year weren't good.  I'm glad they are moving on.  Stop freaking out because we didn't resign freaking Ted Ginn Jr.

are we flopping this year f or a high pick?

We have a D line... and 2 line backers and 1 QB

Woo

and a probowl C

and a probowl level K

and a probowl level P

and a poo ton of quality OG

and a Tugboat

and Olsen

we're the same fuggin place we have been all year.  in need of OT, DB and WR.  nothing's changed.

It's not the WR unit that is causing the issue, MG.

Dude has completely nuked our team in less than a month. WE FINALLY had a successful season and he blew the whole thing up. It didn't need to be gutted and rebuilt, it needed to be added on... Our OL is poo. Our WR corps is even more poo than it has been in a long time - we struggled to for years to find a #2 after Moose went to Chicago. Now, we released everyone who had caught a pass last year - No #1 (Smitty), no #2 (LaFail), no #3 (Ginn) no #4 (Hixon) NOTHING. Our secondary wasn't great and we just let our best defensive back sign elsewhere, and everyone wrote it off like what he did was an aberration. The Steelers know what they're doing, they don't hand out 25 mil to bums. He's going to go in there and do the exact same thing he did here, if not more. Oh, and now we just let the best returner we've had since Michael Bates walk out the door without an offer. And not only was he a returner, he was a productive and valuable weapon on offense that finally found his niche and blew the top off of defenses...

Add all of that up, and our team is not a team... We have been gutted. My point is, there is no way we are going to replace that production with what's out there and by drafting rookies to do it.

Find me a WR who can play his position AND return punts and kickoffs like Ginn that's out there right now that we can replace him with... No one. Good luck hitting on a rookie that does it.

Find me a safety that is comparable to Mitchell athletically and in terms of football skills that is out on the market now... I don't see it. He was a unique find that fell in our laps and we should've done what it took to keep him.

Find me 3, possibly 4 OL... At least 2 starters, possibly 3.

Find me a WR out there with Smitty's abilities (even diminished), who you know is gonna fight like a dog and does what it takes to win... I don't see it. Emannuel Sanders has potential, but he's likely very expensive and out of our price range. We're already down to the second tier of talent at every position. We are not replacing what we lost. PERIOD.

Gettleman sat on his hands and he fuged up. Plain and simple.

Oh.my.God. YESSSSSSS.

and a probowl C

and a probowl level K

and a probowl level P

and a poo ton of quality OG

and a Tugboat

and Olsen

we're the same fuggin place we have been all year.  in need of OT, DB and WR.  nothing's changed.

I believe Stewart will have a huge impact this year with a healthy off-season and young interior OL. I'm willing to bet he gets a 1,000yds this season.

Archived