• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok, so I'm the GM and it's my job to put it together from here

NanceUSMC

im so glad you posted this. i was losing faith in the Huddle cus of all the screaming little children that think the Panthers are done as a franchise. i mean... if management listened to them, the Panthers would be liquidating their assets in a month due to the supposed hopeless state of our franchise.

im just glad we are finally beginning to focus in on draft predictions. thank you good sir

I don't like Bailey in the 4th - I'd rather grab Deone Bucannon in the 3rd if he is there.

1) OT Kouandjio - Yeah I get the concern about the injury - but he is one of the best when healthy and can slide right in to the LT position

2) WR Mathews, Richardson,Moncrief - One of these guys, any WR in round 2 really, but I like them best

3) SS Deone Bucannon - Complete Safety

4) CB Victor Hampton

5) WR/RB Dri Archer - versatile - replaces Ginn in the return game

6) OT Seantrel Henderson

7) CB Aaron Colvin - Taking a risk on him from the torn ACL - he will probably go sooner but never know. CBS has him at 6-7 round grade.

FA signings:

1) James Jones/Miles Austin

2) Lance Moore

3) Donald Penn

4) Walter Thurmond

**This would probably exceed the 8M cap figure we have left, but I'd find a way to back load some deals**

#Superbowl #DropsMic

FREE AGENTS:

WR James Jones (GB): He shouldn't cost a lot and would be an immediate upgrade over LaFell.

WR Brandon LaFell (Re-Sign): We know what we have with him. Better suited as a #3 or just plain depth. Should come cheap.

WR Jerricho Cotchery (PIT): Kick the tires signing. He did have 10 TD's last season. Bring him to camp, see what happens...

CB Josh Wilson (WAS): Was one of the few semi-decent players on the 'Skins defense last season. With our front 7...

CB Terrell Thomas (NYG): Was once a solid starter, but had the same knee issues as T.D. Can he turn it around like Davis did?

FS Ryan Clark (PIT): Would be a solid veteran option at FS, either as a starter or to push Godfrey if he sticks around.

OT Marshall Newhouse (GB): Not a 'name' but he started at LT for 13 games in 2011 when the Packers went 15-1. Good depth.

THE DRAFT:

1st: Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State: I'd rather have Odell Beckham, but it seems unlikely he'll fall to us. Cooks should be there. Another potential option is Marqise Lee. I think one of the three will be available for us.

2nd: Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee: Maybe not ideal to ask a 2nd round rookie to start at LT, but Richardson has 1st round talent despite some consistency issues. Remind you of anyone? Maybe last year's 2nd round pick?

3rd: Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson: Love his potential as a big-time playmaker.

4th: Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood: Small school player, but has great size (6'2, 206) and ability.

5th: Chris Watt, OG, Notre Dame: Someone to compete at right guard and/or serve as depth.

6th: Crockett Gillmore, TE, Colorado State: A solid all-round TE to backup Olsen.

7th: Ben Gardner, DE, Stanford: Missed a good part of the season with an injury, but has a relentless motor. A combo of depth/insurance and just taking a flyer in the 7th round.

As much as I want Cooks and OBJ, I don't think Cooks get past the Jets and OBJ past the chiefs. Nevertheless, I will stay optimistic.

1st - Brandin Cooks

2nd - Juwann James

3rd- SJB

4th- Xavier Grimble

5th- Josh Huff *

I can't pretend to know tons about 6th and 7th round talent this year, so I'll leave it be.

* I like Huff, no one talks about him but to those who like watching highlights. Watch his.

FREE AGENTS:

WR James Jones (GB): He shouldn't cost a lot and would be an immediate upgrade over LaFell.

WR Brandon LaFell (Re-Sign): We know what we have with him. Better suited as a #3 or just plain depth. Should come cheap.

WR Jerricho Cotchery (PIT): Kick the tires signing. He did have 10 TD's last season. Bring him to camp, see what happens...

CB Josh Wilson (WAS): Was one of the few semi-decent players on the 'Skins defense last season. With our front 7...

CB Terrell Thomas (NYG): Was once a solid starter, but had the same knee issues as T.D. Can he turn it around like Davis did?

FS Ryan Clark (PIT): Would be a solid veteran option at FS, either as a starter or to push Godfrey if he sticks around.

OT Marshall Newhouse (GB): Not a 'name' but he started at LT for 13 games in 2011 when the Packers went 15-1. Good depth.

THE DRAFT:

1st: Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State: I'd rather have Odell Beckham, but it seems unlikely he'll fall to us. Cooks should be there. Another potential option is Marqise Lee. I think one of the three will be available for us.

2nd: Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee: Maybe not ideal to ask a 2nd round rookie to start at LT, but Richardson has 1st round talent despite some consistency issues. Remind you of anyone? Maybe last year's 2nd round pick?

3rd: Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson: Love his potential as a big-time playmaker.

4th: Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood: Small school player, but has great size (6'2, 206) and ability.

5th: Chris Watt, OG, Notre Dame: Someone to compete at right guard and/or serve as depth.

6th: Crockett Gillmore, TE, Colorado State: A solid all-round TE to backup Olsen.

7th: Ben Gardner, DE, Stanford: Missed a good part of the season with an injury, but has a relentless motor. A combo of depth/insurance and just taking a flyer in the 7th round.

Do you think Bryant will be available in the 3rd? Hell I'd of mocked him to us in the 2nd if I thought he would be there, especially after his combine. Anyways I'd be pleased with that draft.

FA: 

Emmanuel Sanders, Brandon LaFell, Zach Strief, Mikell

Draft: 

1st- Matthews/OBJ/Cooks/Benjamin

2nd- Mewhort/Thomas/Bintonio

3rd- Herron

4th- Desir

5th- Lynch

Newton/Anderson

Williams/Stewart

Tolbert/Brockel

Matthews

Sanders

Herron

LaFell

Olsen/Lynch

Streif/Mewhort

Silatolu

Kalil

Kugbila/Bell

Mewhort

CJ

Star

KK

Kraken

Davis

Kuechly

Klein

White

Dockery

Mikell

Lester

Cut Godfrey and snag a veteran CB, Safety, DT and OT after June 1st cuts.

Do you think Bryant will be available in the 3rd? Hell I'd of mocked him to us in the 2nd if I thought he would be there, especially after his combine. Anyways I'd be pleased with that draft.

Use the draft simulator (only go 3 or 4 rounds if you don't want to mock out players you might be unfamiliar with)..  There's always someone that falls that you wouldn't expect (both in reality and in the generator)...

That's a cool site. It' helps you realize that you have no control over who goes before your picks. Nobody I wanted at that slot was available when my turn came.

Here's my 4 round draft:

OT MORGAN MOSES

VIRGINIA

OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO

ALABAMA

WR ROB HERRON

WYOMING

WR DEVIN STREET

PITTSBURGH

Not sure who Optimum Scouting is, but using their board, this my 7 rounder on Fanspeak:

WR MIKE EVANS

TEXAS A&M

OT MORGAN MOSES

UVA

OT JAMES HURST

NORTH CAROLINA

WR CODY LATIMER

INDIANA

CB PHILLIP GAINES

RICE

WR KEVIN NORWOOD

ALABAMA