• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Someone Explain Why Gettleman Loves Voidable Years to Me?

Stroupe-a-loop

At this point the believers are far more annoying than the skeptics, and it's not even close. Can't have a damn thread without some over the top comment, like we should kiss the man's feet with every move. Take your own advice, realize it's only March and stfu up until we have a finished product.

he's signing guys to two year deals, but you can spread it through five years, so, voidable years let you take less of a hit. 

By doing this, you get more for your buck while you have the player. 

It pushes some into future years, but taking on an extra million in year 3 of Jerricho Cotchery is better than paying Jake Delhomme $10 million to not play for you.  Player gets the money either way.

You might question whether it's worth doing for a $2 million bonus.  Hopefully he knocks that off by the time we do have a couple bucks to spend in a few years, if Cam and Hardy and Kuechly don't take every cent.

he's signing guys to two year deals, but you can spread it through five years, so, voidable years let you take less of a hit. 

By doing this, you get more for your buck while you have the player. 

It pushes some into future years, but taking on an extra million in year 3 of Jerricho Cotchery is better than paying Jake Delhomme $10 million to not play for you.  Player gets the money either way.

You might question whether it's worth doing for a $2 million bonus.  Hopefully he knocks that off by the time we do have a couple bucks to spend in a few years, if Cam and Hardy and Kuechly don't take every cent.

Plus the voids are often tied to incentives.  Thus, the player plays harder so that he can get to free agency earlier.

Best thing to happen in the state of North Carolina concerning the NFL:

1) Jerry Richardson

2) Dave Gettleman

3) Cam Newton

The man knows how to find talent and he knows how to work the cap. He's gonna build a special team sound his QB. People have no patience.

All the idiots who say he's sabotaging Cam need to die. Cam is the biggest reason he accepted this job. Without Cam I highly doubt he walks into this mess. He knows what he has.

As much as I may admire your enthusiasm. I am in favor of your execution. Wait...

Killing all the idiots will leave no one left but me, jangler, and...jk

At this point the believers are far more annoying than the skeptics, and it's not even close. Can't have a damn thread without some over the top comment, like we should kiss the man's feet with every move. Take your own advice, realize it's only March and stfu up until we have a finished product.

I mean of course you would think that since you are a skeptic. I could copy and paste what you said verbatim and just flip the words believer and skeptic and my post would hold as much weight for you as your post does to me. Would be pretty stupid for a skeptic to say " hey all these skeptics are more annoying than believers."

Archived