• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mark Fields (Former Panthers Linebacker) son commits to Gamecocks

SCMunnerlyn1

"Former Carolina Panthers linebacker Mark Fields was arrested on Sunday for allegedly beating and choking the mother of Fields’ six-year-old child, according to police documents obtained by TMZ.

Witnesses say Fields confronted the woman outside a childcare facility. The cops say that the mother and child were treated by paramedics for mild injuries."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/10/ex-panther-mark-fields-accused-of-choking-beating-woman/

The organization has separated themselves from him since then. Listen to players when they talk about "keep pounding" they never mention Mark Fields, only Sam Mills. Especially new guys when they come in & are told the history.

They gave Mark the benefit of the doubt in '06 when he was arrested for driving around drunk. After the assault, though, they cut ties & I haven't heard him mentioned since.

I tried to actually find any followup legal procedures can couldn't find any when I did a google search just now.  Do you know what came of that?

It's too bad that Fields' life went in that direction.  He was a pretty big inspiration for the 2003 team, whether or not the Panthers re-write that history now is up to them, but he definitely was.  He's apparently a shithead though and doesn't deserve much consideration from me anymore it seems.

Guest Dark Knight

I tried to actually find any followup legal procedures can couldn't find any when I did a google search just now. Do you know what came of that?

It's too bad that Fields' life went in that direction. He was a pretty big inspiration for the 2003 team, whether or not the Panthers re-write that history now is up to them, but he definitely was. He's apparently a shithead though and doesn't deserve much consideration from me anymore it seems.

There were numerous witnesses to the incident, of course nothing came of it legally. He gave her a pile of cash.

Guest Dark Knight

No one knows what he was going through or where his head was at the time. It doesn't excuse it, but it could add some perspective.

There's no excuse for shoving a kid & strangling a woman.

why would he commit to the gamepeni

Because we're the best program north of Florida and east of Alabama, and one of the best in the country over the past 4 years.  Why wouldn't he?   Not only that almost all of our dbs get snagged up in the pros.  Look at SCAR's resume when in comes to dbs in the NFL.  There's more then I can count.

Why would someone go to a thread that has a clearly-stated title (and is in no way misleading) and reply, "Who cares?" 

He had an option: open the thread (because you are curious or interested) or not  (because the topic does not interest you)

He opened the thread

Because we're the best program north of Florida and east of Alabama, and one of the best in the country over the past 4 years. Why wouldn't he? Not only that almost all of our dbs get snagged up in the pros. Look at SCAR's resume when in comes to dbs in the NFL. There's more then I can count.

A little sensitive are we?

He gets offered almost everywhere he attends camps at. Legit 4.4 speed and is a physical CB with great skills. Plays at Hough High school. If you are a fan of High School football they are definitely worth a watch. That team has 4-5 high level D1 football players.... They are in MeCa conference with Mallard Creek (defending 4AA State Champs) and was a decent game last year. Hough Coach did leave so it will be seen how much Hough might drop off without him. 

Archived