• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whodathunkit, Roddy White is a classless POS

JawnyBlaze

I've read several books about that whole thing from people who supported him and people who were madly against him. Both had evidence that people lied about Vick's actions so that they'd get a lesser sentence. Both sides also agree that while Vick may have been at some of the fights, he was not involved in the mistreatment of them and was mainly the source of funds.

Then they should go back and start arresting people for perjury and providing false info. Our justice system is a joke anyway. Multi DWI offenders/violent offenders walk while we lock people up for petty crimes or child support.

You can be upset with what he did, while still forgiving him for making a mistake and paying his dues. Even if you are a 'dog guy' (whatever that means... I have a dog and love him too not sure if that makes me a 'dog guy'). Many people also don't realize how much good Mike has done, speaking ro children around the world about how bad dog fighting is. If the ASPCA can forgive Vick I don't see why others can't.

If he hadn't gotten caught he would still be quarterback for the Falcons and he would still be torturing dogs. I understand what your trying to say, I just think there are certain crimes you can commit that are unforgivable, like rape, murder, torture of humans or animals.

Vick and Darren Sharper are two peas in a pod.

Comparing Vick to Sharper is like comparing a black snake to a black mamba. Vicks crimes were victimless(don't give me the whole dog is a life crap) and Sharper has date raped women across what now appears to be 5 or 6 states. And the complaints are only recent so imagine how many other women there are.

Sharper is closer to Sandusky.

Then they should go back and start arresting people for perjury and providing false info. Our justice system is a joke anyway. Multi DWI offenders/violent offenders walk while we lock people up for petty crimes or child support.

And drug dealers go to jail for longer than muderers and rapists in some instances. 

I don't have a beef with him.

A. He never did anything to me or my family

B. I'd have a hard time being a Christian if I didn't forgive him for his actions while not being perfect myself.

C. Signing a contract means he's a better football player than I am and I'd never contest that, but a contract doesn't make him better than me in any other sense, which was my point.

You and him have one thing in common. Neither have done anything to anyone's family. Freaking dogs are put to sleep by the millions every year for whatever reason. Think about it. Why is it ok to legally and voluntarily kill them? What higher power gave us that right? I'm sure you have a bunch of reasons why it's different on a case by case bases. The thing about hypocrites is they can play on both sides.

don't give me the whole dog is a life crap

So what is a dog, if not a life?

I'm not saying it's a person, and it's life does not have the same meaning in court as a person's, but how can you possibly take the stance that it's crap to say that a dog can be a victim?

You and him have one thing in common. Neither have done anything to anyone's family. Freaking dogs are put to sleep by the millions every year for whatever reason. Think about it. Why is it ok to legally and voluntarily kill them? What higher power gave us that right? I'm sure you have a bunch of reasons why it's different on a case by case bases. The thing about hypocrites is they can play on both sides.

I think the method and humanity is what makes it different. One is a form of population control, the other is just brutality for entertainment. People die every day, does that give us free reign to go torture and murder? I mean, they were going to die anyway, eventually. Why not have some fun with it?

Comparing Vick to Sharper is like comparing a black snake to a black mamba. Vicks crimes were victimless(don't give me the whole dog is a life crap) and Sharper has date raped women across what now appears to be 5 or 6 states. And the complaints are only recent so imagine how many other women there are.

Sharper is closer to Sandusky.

To make a 'point' he diminishes how heinous rape is.

If he hadn't gotten caught he would still be quarterback for the Falcons and he would still be torturing dogs. I understand what your trying to say, I just think there are certain crimes you can commit that are unforgivable, like rape, murder, torture of humans or animals.

When children grow up around something that is wrong throughout their whole childhood and everybody there likes it and thinks it's okay and nobody's there to tell them it's wrong, those children then believe that it is okay and fine. Vick needed to get caught to learn that it was bad, because everyone he knew and who knew that he did it (everyone in and around that business, including most of his family and friends) thought that it was okay to do. I urge you to read Vick's book if you get a chance because it's hard to not feel sorry for him as a child and what he went through. Does that make what he did okay? Hell no. But it makes it understandable that he wouldn't understand that it was wrong. Now I don't know him personally, but from everything I've seen of him and read about him since he got out of jail, I think he truly believes what he did was wrong and has learned from it.

I think the method and humanity is what makes it different. One is a form of population control, the other is just brutality for entertainment. People die every day, does that give us free reign to go torture and murder? I mean, they were going to die anyway, eventually. Why not have some fun with it?

I did mention the word hypocrite, right? Enjoy being a good Christian. Making things up as you go along.

Archived