• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Proehl at Oregon State today

Ruff

Cooks had a tough time against Oregon's CBs. I don't feel like he is ready to step in and start and if he is truly slated to be a first rounder then that is problematic for me.

110 yards isnt anything to be ashamed of.

It's interesting how many of this forum wanted Tavon Austin last year but this year Cooks, an equal or better player, is all a sudden too small.

I was pretty high on Tavon last year but after seeing that small body get manhandled at the line of scrimmage by dbs I now see it is much easier to get these guys(not named Smitty) in space in college than it is in the NFL. I think if you have a creative OC (which we do not) it could work in certain packages.

I was pretty high on Tavon last year but after seeing that small body get manhandled at the line of scrimmage by dbs I now see it is much easier to get these guys(not named Smitty) in space in college than it is in the NFL. I think if you have a creative OC (which we do not) it could work in certain packages.

Yeah but towards the end of the year Austin really started to go full retard.

Yeah but towards the end of the year Austin really started to go full retard.

Oh yea ...get these guys in space and you really have a threat. We have seen it from Percy Harvin as well. The two questions are designing plays to get them in space and durability.

Oh yea ...get these guys in space and you really have a threat. We have seen it from Percy Harvin as well. The two questions are designing plays to get them in space and durability.

That's one problem....combine doesn't show how a receiver works against the jam.  

I think with Underwood our need is bigger for a bigger receiver.  That's why I advocate for Benjamin.

Cooks has Barry Sanders-esque, elusiveness, with the ball in his hands. The problem, like a poster said already, is designing plays for him that will get him the ball in space.

Looking at Cooks' game tape, he looks very small, like a high school kid almost.

I almost hope he gets taken before we pick just so it won't be on the board for discussion and fan upset. Jordan Matthews is the more polished between himself and Benjamin and there are WRs in later rounds with +size that can be projects without taking too much risk.

Archived