• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Playoff Game 1: Charlotte Bobcats @ Miami Heat

The Heat are only 11-14 since LeBron dropped 61 on us. I don't think it's a given they "flip the switch" or whatever dumb analogy you want to use.

Bobcats are 16-6 since then, including 8 of 9.

If you study particular animals (i.e. the Hornet), it is indeed a science.

As for the reasoning of the nickname, "The Hive" flows, it sounds like a cool nickname for an arena... "The Nest" not so much; maybe if we were the Charlotte Blackbirds or something similar it would work.

Quantum Physics is science. 1st grade common sense is not.

That's like Chevrolet calling their Corvette plant "The Ford" because "The Chevrolet" sounds doesn't flow as well.

Bobcats are 16-6 since then, including 8 of 9.

Quantum Physics is science. 1st grade common sense is not.

That's like Chevrolet calling their Corvette plant "The Ford" because "The Chevrolet" sounds doesn't flow as well.

I don't think the bee and the hornet are pitted rivals like Chevy and Ford. After all, bees and wasps share some strong similarities and relations. Both belong to the same order (yes, that is science as well). By the way... are you familiar with the word biology? 

Well that's all I have time for today, everyone make sure they turn in their paper on bees vs. wasps before the playoffs start on Sunday.

LeBron is still a mental midget. He's also a whiny bitch now from playing with Wade & Bosh.

If the team doesn't play scared & smacks Miami in the mouth it will get interesting.

It's still fuging dumb as hell. It also isn't science that hornets don't make honeycomb hives.

Smh....

Smh....

Since last meeting...

Miami- 11-14

Charlotte- 16-6

Miami only won 11 more games than Charlotte. 54-28 vs 43-39. That isn't as big a gap as you'd think by listening to the doomsday negative chicken littles on here.

Charlotte is one of the hottest teams in the league & Big Al is playing at a legitimate MVP level. Miami has struggle severely the last month or so. Wade is washed up & finished. LeBron has never carried a team without Flash.

Some of you should just quit hiding in your LeBron jersey & quit acting like Charlotte fans.

This might be trivial, but it's something that irks me. Why do people insist on calling our arena, as well as the old coliseum back in the day, "the hive" and want honeycomb courts/uniforms again?

Bees make hives, hornets make nests. There are also no honeycombs in a hive. I get the general idea, but it is really stupid if you think about it.

I should start a campaign to get people to call TWC the "the nest." Knowledge is power.

You thinking about this too much

This might be trivial, but it's something that irks me. Why do people insist on calling our arena, as well as the old coliseum back in the day, "the hive" and want honeycomb courts/uniforms again?

Bees make hives, hornets make nests. There are also no honeycombs in a hive. I get the general idea, but it is really stupid if you think about it.

I should start a campaign to get people to call TWC the "the nest." Knowledge is power.

They don't make honey, but their nests do have the same structure/shape as a honey comb.

hornet_nest_14_FreeTiiuPix.com.JPG

Honey Comb

honeycomb.jpg

Obviously very different in function and construction material (one is wax while one is more of a paper material), but the general shape is the same.

Archived