• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free agency : Players you want/Players you don't

JJman

I know this isn't a popular opinion but I would be fine with giving 12 mil a year to Hayward and/or giving up anything not named Kemba, MKG, or Al to get him through a sign-and-trade. This even includes the coveted Detroit pick as well Zeller and Biz. I'm not saying I would give ALL that up by any means, but the Detroit pick alone would do it. And that's assuming 12 mil a year wouldn't get it done to straight up sign him.

This is my opinion because I think Hayward gets us to the next level far more than any other player that is seemingly available (and realistic) would. I also am not convinced the Detroit pick is going to even be a top 16 pick next year.

I'm not sure if I would love that or hate it. But we have cap room that we'll never use, so eventually we are going to have to give it to someone.

First we need to get rid of Biz (sorry) and Ridnour and Haywood

Backup PG: 1.Livingston - 2.Sessions - 3.Napier (DRAFT) - 4.Stucky

SG: 1.Lance - 2.Meeks - 3.PJ Harriston (DRAFT)

SF: 1.Melo - 2.Deng - 3.Granger - 4.Ariza - 5.Shawn Marion

PF: 1.Gasol - 2.Payne (DRAFT) - 3.Blair

Backup C: 1.Monroe - 2.Hawes

First we need to get rid of Biz (sorry) and Ridnour and Haywood

Backup PG: 1.Livingston - 2.Sessions - 3.Napier (DRAFT) - 4.Stucky

SG: 1.Lance - 2.Meeks - 3.PJ Harriston (DRAFT)

SF: 1.Melo - 2.Deng - 3.Granger - 4.Ariza - 5.Shawn Marion

PF: 1.Gasol - 2.Payne (DRAFT) - 3.Blair

Backup C: 1.Monroe - 2.Hawes

Lmao.

Carmelo is a cancer. There's a reason he has never won anything.

Im not a huge Carmelo fan but the reason he has never won anything is the big 3 in boston (pierce, garnett, allen era), Lakers big 3 (bryant, gasol, bynum) and the Heat Big 3 (PRESENT). 

Tell me how his team from Denver or his current NY team could honestly compete with that? 

Look at it this way, who would you take from the Knicks over our players on the bobcats? The answer is nobody but Melo bc we have much better team. 

I am actually in favor of getting Melo on the Hornets bc he could be our missing piece. We don't have to build around him like they tried doing in Denver & NY. He will already have the team built. 

But to be honest I think it is still a pipe dream. My realistic dream is just a backup PG like Livingston. No other players I would use my cap on. 

I agree. I am not a Melo fan because he is a selfish player. If I knew he would come in and fit in with the offense and try harder on defense I would take him in a heartbeat. To have the skills he has and not play smart/harder makes me mad. Is it all his fault? No. Coaches have allowed him to do that, if we can get him to buy into this team we would be true championship contenders. 

In all honesty Melo is best suited to either sign in Charlotte or Chicago. Both teams have money, solid defenses and players that would compliment his skills. What will he do? Probably resign with Knicks (Unless Jackson keeps talking and pisses off his ego.)    and continue his uninspired career. I only say this because he is a top 2 scorer (Durant and Melo are who I believe to be best scorers in the game) that wont facilitate an offense or try on defense. It is "Iso" game for him. You know he can play in a system if you have ever watched him in USA (Olympics/World Cup) games.     

No offense, but have y'all watched Melo at all this season? I feel bad for him. He has done everything he can and played with a ton of effort but his team and coach just flat out suck. Every time I watched him I was even impressed with his defensive effort. He's not a great defender but he isn't terrible. He almost single-handedly, DESPITE his team, willed them to the Playoffs.

Of course all this is moot as Melo ain't coming here but I would not be opposed to bringing him in at all. He is hungry for a ring.

I'm not saying Melo isn't good. He's a very talented ball player. He just takes too many shots, doesn't pass and doesn't have a great attitude. That along with the price makes him un-appeasing IMO. We are more suited to try and become a similar team to the pacers then the Heat.

Archived