• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free agency : Players you want/Players you don't

JJman

Not by any means an end of the season thread. With how we played we could take 2 in Charlotte and make things interesting. With that being said, there can be know doubt we need some help.

So, this free agency, who are some players you would like to see us sign or pursue? And who are some players you specifically don't want? Short lists for me

Don't want : Carmelo Anthony, Lance Stephonson, Rudy Gay, Pau Gasol

Do want : Gordon Hayward, Loul Deng, Ramon Sessions, Nick Young, Greg Monroe

That's it for now.

If we sign Gay I will cry.

I'm somewhat apprehensive on Stephenson after this.

Monroe is restricted so I don't want to throw money at him.

I would love to have Hayward, but I'm not sure we can steal him from Utah (restricted).

The guy I would like to have if we can't get Hayward is Trevor Ariza. He is a good defender and a good scorer.

Take every RFA off your list, only way you get any of the ones being listed is with the pistons pick. Then look at what's left... Not much worth a lot.

Goals should be a starting Sg that can hit the three and a back up Sf. Either via draft or free agency.

I think Stephenson would be a great fit with his passing, shooting and defense with MKG and Kemba.

Y'all are way too quick to give up on Gordon Hayward. He doesn't want to keep losing in Utah, as evidenced by his recent interviews. They are also really happy with Alec Burks and their young big men. If they can walk away from the draft with Wiggins or Parker they will have a replacement for Hayward. This is also the same team that let BOTH Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap walk as Unrestricted Free Agents instead of trading them at the deadline last season. They're also a pretty classy organization. If Hayward says he wants out I don't think they will fight him by matching his offer sheet.

Y'all are way too quick to give up on Gordon Hayward. He doesn't want to keep losing in Utah, as evidenced by his recent interviews. They are also really happy with Alec Burks and their young big men. If they can walk away from the draft with Wiggins or Parker they will have a replacement for Hayward. This is also the same team that let BOTH Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap walk as Unrestricted Free Agents instead of trading them at the deadline last season. They're also a pretty classy organization. If Hayward says he wants out I don't think they will fight him by matching his offer sheet.

Still though, either throwing money at him, or a sign-and-trade will be required.

Still though, either throwing money at him, or a sign-and-trade will be required.

I know this isn't a popular opinion but I would be fine with giving 12 mil a year to Hayward and/or giving up anything not named Kemba, MKG, or Al to get him through a sign-and-trade. This even includes the coveted Detroit pick as well Zeller and Biz. I'm not saying I would give ALL that up by any means, but the Detroit pick alone would do it. And that's assuming 12 mil a year wouldn't get it done to straight up sign him.

This is my opinion because I think Hayward gets us to the next level far more than any other player that is seemingly available (and realistic) would. I also am not convinced the Detroit pick is going to even be a top 16 pick next year.

Gay is far from a "team saver," in fact I'd argue he's the opposite.

Hayward is still probably the most interesting to me, though I'm not in love with him either. As was mentioned, I could see the Jazz moving him if they can acquire Wiggins or Parker somehow.

Deng is also interesting, and another veteran could certainly help, we'd probably have to move MKG to the two but that's something I wish we would've experimented with already.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Hayward would probably cost the pistons pick and 12-15 a year.

As for adding a Sf like Deng.

MKG could probably play the two defensively, but I'm not sure about offensively, it hurts his best attribute on offense and that's his speed and first step.

MKG is the lynchpin for this defense and why it plays so well. Moving him might hurt The overal defense a bit.

Archived