• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Roos

Catalyst

Can someone explain to me the compensatory picks thing how it's decided, because we are Urey going to get a ton like dan Fran did this year right? Lafell, Ginn, Munnerlyn, Smitty, Mitchell all leaving someone said we will get picks for them anything from 3rd to 7th rounders? Only reason I bring it up is doesn't it give us leverage to hand a team like the titans a fourth or whatever if we know it will only be basically a compensatory pick were going to get for say Roos. Then it's not like were losing anything.

We may get something for Smitty (6th) and Mitchell (6th); maybe Captain (7th). Maybe.

And if we are lucky to get them, you can't trade away "comp" picks.

We may get something for Smitty (6th) and Mitchell (6th); maybe Captain (7th). Maybe.

And if we are lucky to get them, you can't trade away "comp" picks.

Smith was cut, so I don't think he qualifies for t he Panthers to receive compensation for him signing with another team. Also Ginn's contract was big enough to get a 5th-6th round pick, Mitchell is probably a 4th if he performs close to what he did here. Captain is probably a 7th though. 

Smith was cut, so I don't think he qualifies for t he Panthers to receive compensation for him signing with another team. Also Ginn's contract was big enough to get a 5th-6th round pick, Mitchell is probably a 4th if he performs close to what he did here. Captain is probably a 7th though.

You're correct. I forgot we cut 89.

Ginn (6th) will get the oppturtunity to be a no3 WR with Andre Roberts gone. Not sure about returning kicks or punts since PP7 is there.

Mitchell (4th/5th) should put up some nice stats. And, captain could see a lot of playing time. He could have a nice a season like here last year in Zimmer's Defense. Plus, their secondary needs help. Cox and Robinson are terrible. Maybe a 6th instead of 7th.

Can someone explain to me the compensatory picks thing how it's decided, because we are Urey going to get a ton like dan Fran did this year right? Lafell, Ginn, Munnerlyn, Smitty, Mitchell all leaving someone said we will get picks for them anything from 3rd to 7th rounders? Only reason I bring it up is doesn't it give us leverage to hand a team like the titans a fourth or whatever if we know it will only be basically a compensatory pick were going to get for say Roos. Then it's not like were losing anything.

comp picks are based on the number of free agents you lose (not including cuts, so smith doesn't qualify) vs. the number you gain. if you lose more than you pick up, then you'll probably get a comp pick, esp. if that number is significant.

as far as the rounds go, the formula the league uses is proprietary so no one really knows. all that is known is that it takes into account the salary, play time, and post season honors with the new team.

also, i'm not sure if you were suggesting trading the comp pick but i wouldn't count on that happening since they can't be traded.

Archived