• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 Panthers vs. 2013 Panthers

We are marketably better than the same point last year. I say based on our schedule 11-5

Based on draft and offseason moves, Division opponents will be tougher. Atlanta got better in the trenches, bucs offense is upgraded and the saints added quality to key skill positions. 11-5 is a tall order for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You have got to be kidding me...in what world is dumping nearly every resource a team has into the defensive line, and defense in general...leads to the QB needing to carry anything...

The following QB need to step up based on what their teams have done:

Stafford

P. Manning

Cutler

Tannehill

Kapernick

Romo

Luck

Brotles (if he plays)

Rodgers

Brees

Ryan

E. Manning

Whoever the Bucs QB is

The following QB's defenses needs to step up based on what their teams have done:

Newton

Wilson

Palmer

Bradford

Smith (Jets)

Smith (Chiefs)

Whoever the Raiders QB is

Hoyer (if he plays)

It doesn't matter how much you invest into your DLine, this is a QB league. How many wins do you think we would have had last season with Clausen as QB?

Some of you guys became fans of the panthers when Cam came over. And that's fine. Cam is a superstar. But there is a disconnect between how great our QB and what a shitty QB does to your team.

I think we are actually quite a bit better than last year.

I think our WRs are better than last year (this is pre Benjamin).

I like the fact we have Dickson, lets us open the offense a little more toward what we did Cam's rookie year.

With Amini back (hopefully Kug) and Trai I think we can truly establish a power running game.  Let Stew and Tolbert get to the second level, we know what happens once they can get there.

I think our secondary will be much better.  White had a whole offseason to work, I'm of the belief he's a good worker (UDFAs don't get starting spots if they are lazy).  I think Cason is a really solid addition - mostly because his size, athleticism and physicality fit really well into our system.  Godfrey isn't spectacular, but he's never made anyone tear their hair out for screwing up.  He'll either take over Captains role or work as a safety.

Harper can do most of what Mitchell could.  I don't see a big drop off there.  DeCoud is the best cover safety we've had here in a while.  Between DeCoud, Harper, Godfrey and Lester we will find a solid group.

I'm actually starting to think because our deficiency at guard last year (4 went to IR) we schemed our Oline to put more pressure/responsibility on the tackles.  The coaches HAVE to see something in Williams/Bell/Chandler that we are completely missing or have their sights set on a UDFA or expected cut.  

My biggest question is the OL. It was a big question last year too, but at least you knew you had two really good guys in Gross and Kalil. Now Gross is gone.

Has a team ever lost a perennial All Pro and seemingly not gave one single fug about trying to replace him? Do we really think a battle between a.former UFA who sucks at RT and a former UFA DT convert is really the way to replace a stallwart LT?

oh wee mayne...

So just because we had a perennial All Pro LT leave we should make a huge reach in the draft and way overpay for a LT that wouldn't even be as good anyways?

We still have the best defense in the division. Matthews likely starts at RT so no significance in year 1 and bucs QB is still a ? Mark.

11-5 is very doable

Yes, we have the best defense in the division, with the Aints being a close second. 

You cannot objectively look at offseason moves for the Saints, Bucs and Falcons and not agree that they all took a bigger step forward.  Matthews not a significance??? get real.  Probably the best OT in the draft to go along with their other upgrades in the trenches.  The Bucs loaded up on offense and the Aints had 2 key additions at skill positions.  With Cooks, their offense is going to be sick.  Our division got much tougher during the offseason.

Yes, we have the best defense in the division, with the Aints being a close second.

You cannot objectively look at offseason moves for the Saints, Bucs and Falcons and not agree that they all took a bigger step forward. Matthews not a significance??? get real. Probably the best OT in the draft to go along with their other upgrades in the trenches. The Bucs loaded up on offense and the Aints had 2 key additions at skill positions. With Cooks, their offense is going to be sick. Our division got much tougher during the offseason.

No one is disagreeing with that but if you think a rookie is going to stone wall our veteran de's you are crazy.

And the bucs loaded up yes but they still have a question mark at the most important offensive with a new head coach and system.

As for the saints they were always going to be our closest competition. They still can't play away so we will spilt.

Our division got tougher on paper but we have yet to see how that adds up at all

No one is disagreeing with that but if you think a rookie is going to stone wall our veteran de's you are crazy.

And the bucs loaded up yes but they still have a question mark at the most important offensive with a new head coach and system.

As for the saints they were always going to be our closest competition. They still can't play away so we will spilt.

Our division got tougher on paper but we have yet to see how that adds up at all

I don't disagree ... for the most part.  Matthews won't stonewall our vets but I suspect he will hold his own.  The top OTs will be day 1 starters and be pretty good.  Overall, the Falcons got much better in the trenches, which was their big liability last year. 

The Bucs don't suck at QB, they just have to make a decision.  They had a great draft on that side of the ball.  The Bucs are in transition and we are lucky to play them in week 1.  Even though our staff is in-place, we have chemistry concerns as well.  Chemistry is important for the QB and his WRs, O-line and safeties.  Except for Kalil and Bell, everyone is new at those positions.  I am not too concerned with safeties as we have pro-bowl veterans.  I actually believe we upgraded those positions. 

All I am saying is that I see more improvement with our division foes from last year.  The NFC South is going to be tough, not just the Aints.

If Benjamin does not have an impact right away, the WRs may be questionable too.

At 6'5" 240 he will have a impact. I dont think people really get how big that kid is or how much havoc he will wreak on CBs and Safeties. The only thing that will hold this kid back is himself.

I like the Panthers secondary this season which was a clear weakness last season. Still remember Mike Wallace torching us when we played Miami. The WR corps are slighlt better and with a big guy like KB who can actually make plays in the redzone things should be just as good to better than last season

It doesn't matter how much you invest into your DLine, this is a QB league. How many wins do you think we would have had last season with Clausen as QB?

Some of you guys became fans of the panthers when Cam came over. And that's fine. Cam is a superstar. But there is a disconnect between how great our QB and what a shitty QB does to your team.

You're right...the better QB won the Super Bowl last year. Oh, wait....

Archived