• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaun King on WFNZ

SCP

Im sorry but you really think Blake is in a better situation starting out then Cam is? Lets look at Blakes "awesome" weapons especially since Jacksonville has said he is basically "redshirted" this year.....

Wr

Mike Brown

Chad Bumphis

Damian Copeland

Tandon Doss

Allen Hurns

Marqise Lee

Allen Robinson

Denard Robinson

Cecil Shorts III

Kerry Taylor

Lamaar Thomas

Ace Sanders

All those players have a combined experience of 10 years.....4 of which is from one player....

Panthers WR

Jason Avant

Kelvin Benjamin

Brenton Bersin

Toney Clemons

Jerricho Cotchery

Tavaress King

Marvin McNutt

Kealoha Pilares

Tiquan Underwood

36 years combined experience on our roster at the wide out poition. Im not saying our wide receiver group is the greatest of all times to but say that the jags are setting up blake better in year 1 is silly

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Their Gm has given Borltes a duo of Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson to grow and age in yhr NFL at the same time.

Cecil Shorts..and a possible 4th guy in Ace Sanders are as talented as a Tiquan Underwood. Avant and Cothcery are older and unlikley resigning.

Cam has experienced a well documented full turnover with his WR corps and is starting from scratch with Benji who can grow with him and two aged vets who will also turnover.

Ideally you have pass catchers who grow and age with Newton. Similar to Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne in relation to P Manning.

Bortles or more immdeiately Henne wil have two WRs with potentially boarderline elite ability where Avant and Cotch are capped as possession guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Their Gm has given Borltes a duo of Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson to grow and age in yhr NFL at the same time.

Cecil Shorts..and a possible 4th guy in Ace Sanders are as talented as a Tiquan Underwood. Avant and Cothcery are older and unlikley resigning.

Cam has experienced a well documented full turnover with his WR corps and is starting from scratch with Benji who can grow with him and two aged vets who will also turnover.

Ideally you have pass catchers who grow and age with Newton. Similar to Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne in relation to P Manning.

Bortles or more immdeiately Henne wil have two WRs with potentially boarderline elite ability where Avant and Cotch are capped as possession guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Avantt and Cotchery have akres already proven that they can make it in the leauge and can play/start on Sundays. Young guys are great, but panther fans can agree we have had "potential" great wr's that we could grow etc. But it doesn't always work out.

Id rather bring 1-2 young guys in slowly and let them learn than have a roster full of rookie WR that you have no idea if they can make it on Sunday. As of right now Jacksonville WR are "what ifs or could be's", id rather have a sure thing that I know what im getting than "could be". Thats why Cam is in a better situation right now than Blake. Now ask again in two-three years and I could be wrong but right now cam is in a better situation

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

The media does. There could be some hot seat talk coming if we have a bad start as last year. Remember 1-3, when all the blame was on Cam? The attention will be on Gettleman this time around.

News flash, kid. They don't care what the media thinks (nor should they).

If they cared about the media you're championing right now, they wouldn't have taken Newton in the first place.

How many people are say that Belichick failed Tom Brady?? I mean he didn't really do him any favors by drafting a Qb in the 2nd and i don't really think he got him any help elsewhere. BUT somehow they are always in the thick of things aren't they. To me this just goes to show its about building a team, not just building up one side of the ball.

The media is very influential. They're our eyes to what's happening in the football world. They can run Gettleman outta town if they choose. Everyone say they don't care about the media, only to go to the media to say they don't care about the media. The media is the reason we're having this debate right now. lol

We're having this debate primarily because you think you know what you're talking about (you don't).

Jerry Richardson doesn't give a rip about what the media says. If he did, he would have fired Marty Hurney years before he finally did.

Heck, even a number of the posters here are smart enough to know which voices have a clue and which don't.

The only thing that'll get someone 'run out of town' is failing to win games. We went 12-4 last year and a lot of work is being done to improve on that.

But hey, forget all that. A radio guy has a negative opinion :rolleyes:

There is a reason Cincinnati was referred to by the entire NFL as the most complete team. The team had no hole but the QB and you're comparing their offensive skill players to ours? Nothing biased about that.

LOL well that sucks to be Cincinnati then. The leagues most complete team yet continually knocked out of the playoffs first round. Guess they have nowhere to go but down...

So the difference between DG hating Cam and not giving him enough weapons, and DG loving Cam and building around him is one 5th round WR who certainly wouldn't be better than the high-character veterans we already have on the team?

Also, there is not nearly as big of a difference between some of these young QB's weapons and Cam's as you said. Andrew Luck, maybe, but Andy Dalton? Heck no, hes got AJ Green and a good TE, pretty much the same as what Cam has now.

AJ Green has been with Dalton since day 1 to grow and learn with him..and really? We have an AJ Green on this roster? Hopefully now but this is year 4 and he has to cope with a rookie learning curve...this all should be rolling now.

No where did I say DG hates Cam..that is DG's quote after he drafted Benjamin.

Archived