• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy Arrested

Whether is it in the context of domestic violence or not doesn't matter I don't believe.

However, I know where the problem lies and why I may have been confused by your bullet point that you posted.

14-33.©1 is what you are referring to and you are indeed correct that it states "inflicts serious injury upon another" is an A1 misdemeanor

But 14-32.4 says  "any person who assaults another person and inflicts serious bodily injury is guilty of a Class F felony"

All of these laws have the caveat of "Unless the conduct is covered under some other provision of law providing greater punishment"

Which is why I questioned it, what you are charged with will be determined by how serious the personal injury is.  If you just go to the hospital and get some stitches it would be the law you are referring to, if you are in the hospital for a long period of time, or have life threatening injuries, or become mutilated or disfigured you will be charged with a felony.

So really, we were both right 

http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByArticle/Chapter_14/Article_8.html

Cool cool cool.

IANAL.

The tweets someone else posted from a lawyer in CLT were pretty insightful.

• Pie 1

Lets let this play out before we come to conclusions. More times than not these "domestic violence" episodes involve a female getting pissy and calling police even though nothing happened

Greg Hardy is a complete moron. There's no denying he's a phenomenal football player with immense talent. However, there's a reason he was drafted in the 6th round instead of the top 5. He has portrayed himself as an immature loser by his words and actions for years. He turns 26 this summer yet he is about as mature as my 10 year old cousin.

He just signed a $13mil tender and was in line to get a massive long term deal within the next year. Even if he's completely innocent and it's a fabricate story he's still an idiot for putting himself in the position he did.

I find it more believable that he would blow a fuse and do something stupid than a "scorned" woman would randomly make a scene at 4am over nothing.

Got to love people praising Gettle for drafting Ealy, while not criticizing him for not trading Hardy when he had the chance.

Actually, in fairness to Gman he didn't have much of a chance to trade him. If you remember back, Hardy signed his tender real quick. Much quicker than you usually see tagged players commit. Usually, they at least try to feel out FA. Hardy signed his before it even started. You could look at the bright side and say at least Gman bidded his time and didn't commit a lot of guaranteed money into a new contract. Now he has leverage even if thing do work out for Hardy legally. For sure there will be language written into any new contract protecting the Panthers, otherwise he is gone for sure.