• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: 9th Pick

MedellinHeel

9th Pick  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want Cha to draft at 9 and why?

Why should we sprint to the podium to draft an undersized tweener PF who is insanely raw offensively and not an elite defender & rebounder?

Lets not forget the fact we just drafted Zeller 4th overall. SMH

. You know nothing Jon snow

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

-I would love to get Stauskas and/or Hairston. We need scorers and they can shoot from anywhere in the gym.  

-I am no Kentucky fan but I like Young and especially Randle if they are there @ 9 also. 

-Harris seems like the safest pick to me.

-I havent seen McDermott, LaVine or Gordon play enough to really comment. 

-I know nothing about European players like Saric. 

Question for those who DO NOT want Aaron Gordon

If we got a shooter or scorer at 24 like Hairston or Warren, and got a guy like Hayward in Free Agency, would you become content with Gordon's current lack of offensive skills? Or no?

Question for those who DO NOT want Aaron Gordon

If we got a shooter or scorer at 24 like Hairston or Warren, and got a guy like Hayward in Free Agency, would you become content with Gordon's current lack of offensive skills? Or no?

No, not only is he completely raw offensively , he is also

- undersized

- tweener

- not an elite shot blocker

- not an elite rebounder

My opinion on Gordon is this, as long as we have Big Al, we need stretch 4. As a matter of fact we need stretch every position. We need to force teams to make a decision, double team Al, or give up an open look at a 3. You can get away maybe with one guy being shooting deficient, but only one. And that includes the 4 position.

I would love to see us be able to go with 4 guys outside the three point line and Al in iso. Or pick and roll with three elite shooters providing space for Kemba and the pick guy.

I would be behind McDermott 100% if he can play the 4. I don't think he can defend NBA 3s. So as a SF, I don't want him. As a stretch 4, I love him.

My main concern is who is McD going to guard, he is undersized to play PF and too slow to play SF. Offensively I am not worried about him. He is nothing like Morrison so I think that is a bad comparison.

I think the team should look at Saric with the 9th pick, He's a big, solid rebounder and decent size for a stretch 4 (6-11 223) and he can shoot the ball (35% 3pt shooter). 

Use Zeller as the backup 5 and backup 4, that way he would still get 15-20mins a game at either PF or C. 

Get Hayward in FA with a 4 year 48-52m deal. Also sign Livingston

the lineup would be

Kemba, Livingston

Hayward, Henderson

MKG, CDR

Saric, Zeller

Jefferson, Zeller, Biz

If we go PF, Saric is the only option in my opinion due to how he would fit in our offense.

I'm not saying I want him because I'm weary of his upside, but there is a rumor floating around that he has been promised a spot in the lottery (if he wasn't he was going to pull out).

My personal preference is to get a proven power forward in free agency to help groom Zeller. I'm not a fan of having a rookie and a sophomore as our power forward combination.

If we go PF, Saric is the only option in my opinion due to how he would fit in our offense.

I'm not saying I want him because I'm weary of his upside, but there is a rumor floating around that he has been promised a spot in the lottery (if he wasn't he was going to pull out).

My personal preference is to get a proven power forward in free agency to help groom Zeller. I'm not a fan of having a rookie and a sophomore as our power forward combination.

Wouldn't surprise me if we were one the teams looking at him. He fits Cluffords offense really well. I also don't see the problem with Zeller and Saric playing the 4 with Jefferson playing and Ewing on the staff. Perfect environment for them.

However the 2 would have to be upgraded for it to work well IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Wouldn't surprise me if we were one the teams looking at him. He fits Cluffords offense really well. I also don't see the problem with Zeller and Saric playing the 4 with Jefferson playing and Ewing on the staff. Perfect environment for them.

However the 2 would have to be upgraded for it to work well IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Trying to groom one big is hard, trying to groom two, technically three with Biyombo is near impossible. There is a reason you don't see it happen very often. It's just a common fact that forwards and centers take a little bit longer to groom and we don't have that type of time with Jefferson possibly playing a max of 4 more seasons.

We decided to put our self in win-now mode, it's time to make our grave in it.

Archived