• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTA Observations

Zod

We're talking about practice, man.  We're talking about practice.  We're not even talking about a game.

We're not even talking about practice really.  It's a starting point to learn the system and get your feet wet.  I'm not going to throw the towel in on a guy because he has a couple of shitty OTAs.

We're talking about practice, man.  We're talking about practice.  We're not even talking about a game.

We're not even talking about practice really.  It's a starting point to learn the system and get your feet wet.  I'm not going to throw the towel in on a guy because he has a couple of shitty OTAs.

Who is throwing the towel in on him? I am simply saying he looks awful in OTA's which will translate to him looking really awful once the pads are on in camp. His feet are extremely slow, Johnson and Hardy will eat him alive. He is a 3 year project minimum.

You wanting him to compete right now at tackle is nuts.

• Pie 1

You have a good point, but considered a reach by who? Unless we've seen the draft boards of the actually NFL teams with real scouts and GMs. Just because ESPN guy and NFL network guy or Yahoo guy didn't have a good grade on him doesn't mean he was a reach.

Also, like I said He could be a good G! But we would never know because injuries? How could gettleman predict injuries if they weren't problems in college?

The pick was a reach dude, no question. I'm not roasting Gettleman for it or anything, can't hit on all of them.

If we can get anything out of him this point we would be pretty lucky.

Zod's not saying to give up on the guy, but it's obvious he's a project in the mold of a Brandon Williams who may get a shot purely because of his physical tools. But expecting him to contribute right away is a huge stretch.

Edited by fieryprophet
  • Pie 1

Who is throwing the towel in on him? I am simply saying he looks awful in OTA's which will translate to him looking really awful once the pads are on in camp. His feet are extremely slow, Johnson and Hardy will eat him alive. He is a 3 year project minimum.

You wanting him to compete right now at tackle is nuts.

Sounds a lot like Bell. 

So Presley did indeed transition to WR.

Sent from my SM-G900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

He should be used wherever we need him. He could've been drafted as a CB if his play the last half of his senior year at App was any indication. Too bad he is such an exceptional athlete. It'll be neat to see him, Washington, Peacock, Quick, and Armanti all lining up come August though.

Yeah, and I'm honestly wondering if it was Rivera pushing for him. Given the Amini Silatolu pick the year before.

I was about to post the exact same thing. I remember Gettleman saying after the draft last year (paraphrasing) "there was a player that I wanted that coach thought wouldn't fit our system, so we went in a different direction." Could have been in regard to the Kug pick, because it reeks of Amini. I hope Kug is the last of those types of experiments.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

The pick was a reach dude, no question. I'm not roasting Gettleman for it or anything, can't hit on all of them.

If we can get anything out of him this point we would be pretty lucky.

Your argument is fair, but kind of like what Zod said, I'd rather reach in round 4 than have none of my second round picks pan out or trade them like years past.

But let's say Kug gets healthy and ends up being a decent guard. Is he still a reach?