• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

June 1st cuts

When was the last time Luke scored a touchdown? Never. He's just awful

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Thats true. He couldnt even truck over Carson Palmer on his way to his first pick 6. Add him to the poo list

We've got so many RBs losing Barner wouldn't hurt one bit. Would give us another roster spot for a possible undrafted gem that we like to pick up.

Even if it made since to cut him, it doesn't make sense to do it as a June 1st designation. June 1st cuts are for expensive contracts because you can spread the cap hit over 2 years.

Roos gets cut, signs here for pennies, Super Bowl

Other than Zod thinking about cutting everyone contributing to this thread, the above is the only post that makes sense.  I doubt it would happen, but Roos would be great...or Oher...the Titans have a wealth of what we don't have.

I hope the OP means 'from other teams'...not just the Panthers.  We need to be watching for OTs & WRs that other teams cut still.

This season will be very interesting: I will really be interested to see how our OTs & WRs do.  It will help us to get a better understanding of Gettleman not bringing in more competition. 

I like Gettleman, but am very interested in how those 2 positions play out.  If we go from division champs to an 8-8 team, doubts will definitely blaze.  You take advantage when you have a strong team, not dismantle.  Not saying it will happen, but look at what happened after our SB appearance...made playoffs only 2 times in 10 years.

If we go from division champs to an 8-8 team, doubts will definitely blaze.  You take advantage when you have a strong team, not dismantle.  Not saying it will happen, but look at what happened after our SB appearance...made playoffs only 2 times in 10 years.

2 things. 1 is that it sounds like you are saying we had a strong team last year. I would say we had a strong D or more acurately a strong front 7 and that we over achieved like crazy. I absolutely don't think that we were just missing the prverbial piece of the puzzle to win the SB. Do not get me wrong, I loved last season but I was not expecting a repeat. We had fundamental flaws at offensive line, defensive backs and WR. We are begining to address those areas. Keeping Smith and commiting future dollars to laFell, Hixon, Ginn etc was not going to make us better and would hurt us in the future. Start over the way we have is the best course. I think the fat man was right that none of the OTs available when we were picking in any round were that much better than what we already have. I expect next year is when we really try and address that area.

2 is that after our playoff loss to Ariz didn't we bring back 20 out of 22 starters? Hazy recollection so don't hate if that is inaccurate. How did that work out? Not so good. Sometimes you need to blow things up.

Sorry for the ramble. Too much coffee already.

not sure why anyone still likes Oher.  He's way past his prime.  From SI:

Oher ranked 68th out of 76 qualifying tackles in Pro Football Focus’ grading for the 2013 season, and he allowed eight sacks, seven hits and 42 quarterback hurries — all at right tackle. Baltimore tried him at primarily left tackle the year before, and he allowed 11 sacks, nine hits and 32 hurries.

Fan of PFF rankings or not, he gave up a poo ton of sacks the last two years.  The Titans got jobbed offering him $20M.

Archived